UK News, Updates and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Re: UK News, Updates and Discussion

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

hburns wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:09 pm
Arget wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:06 pm Image
You definitely got a boner for this Floyd fella. How many posts have you made about him now?
He is making a relevant point, I did not know it was the anniversary of that soldiers death nor the Manchester bomb but I knew it was the criminals as it has been on the news constantly for the last week.

"
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:15 pm
You definitely got a boner for this Floyd fella. How many posts have you made about him now?
He is making a relevant point, I did not know it was the anniversary of that soldiers death nor the Manchester bomb but I knew it was the criminals as it has been on the news constantly for the last week.

"
[/quote]

Are you currently in Britain? If so I'm surprised you didn't know as it was on the news and there are regular updates in the news regarding the inquiry into events that night. I don't use Instagram but I even saw that Ariana grande had posted something about it with a bee
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Three-quarters of new UK Covid cases could be India variant, says Hancock
Reported number of cases of variant reaches almost 7,000, as it becomes dominant
Nicola Davis Science correspondent
Thu 27 May 2021 17.32 BST

Up to three-quarters of new UK Covid cases are thought to be caused by the variant first detected in India, as the reported number more than doubled to almost 7,000, Matt Hancock said on Thursday.

The variant, known as B.1.617.2, is now dominant in the UK and has been linked to a rise in cases in hotspots around the country. Data released on Thursday by Public Health England (PHE) shows 6,959 cases have been confirmed so far in the UK, up from 3,424 the week before.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... e-quarters
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

hburns wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:41 pm

"
Are you currently in Britain? If so I'm surprised you didn't know as it was on the news and there are regular updates in the news regarding the inquiry into events that night. I don't use Instagram but I even saw that Ariana grande had posted something about it with a bee
[/quote]

I am in the UK and I listen to the news everyday radio 4 and the evening BBC 1. the Manchester bomb enquiry has been on the news but only a brief report.,
Lee Rigby anniversary nothing ? The Floyd case has been on everyday all week, interviews with BLM people, and "community leaders" its all over the newspapers, group gatherings in Brixton, Liverpool etc, it is a 3 ring circus.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

hburns wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:41 pm

"
[/quote]

I just had a quick listen to the BBC news headlines 6am for the 22nd and the 25th. Nothing on the 22nd about Manchester or Lee Rigby but on the 25th Floyd was the second item after belarussa.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Just watch the BBC news front page for a week or so, you will detect that it is actually run by Americans, has been for years now..
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Front page ?
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:02 am
I just had a quick listen to the BBC news headlines 6am for the 22nd and the 25th. Nothing on the 22nd about Manchester or Lee Rigby but on the 25th Floyd was the second item after belarussa.
Lee rigby was murdered 8 years ago and i fail to see why that should be headline news still. George Floyd's murder was just last year and its still very relevant as the start of a movement/realisation that not everyone in the "free" world is afforded the same rights and treatment. As for the Manchester attack, there have been numerous news stories to mark the anniversary. Just using the BBC,
6 days ago https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... r-57185632
5 days ago https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... r-57212007
5 days ago its a video which won't post
Manchester attack anniversary: 'I'm going to try and live my best life'

Manchester attack anniversary: 'I'm going to try and live my best life'
Close
Adam Lawler, 16, was at the concert at the Manchester Arena with his friend Olivia Campbell-Hardy, who died in the suicide bombing a year ago.

He was hit by shrapnel and suffered multiple injuries.

"If I could go back in time, I would change everything. But I can't, so what I'm going to do is I'm going to try and live my best life," he said.

"We won't be beaten because we're Manchester."

Published22 May 2018SectionBBC NewsSubsectionManchester

My original comment was on the number of posts arget has with George Floyd's picture, all have an agenda.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

George Floyds death is being used by various far left groups in this country to further an agenda. This Video is of one of them, a BLM activist, Marxist and prominent leader who was shot last week by a black gang. Nothing to do with BLM or race, stabbings and shootings happen all the time in south London she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. As you can see she is spouting racist remarks and trying to provoke violence. Black lives matter but only if they are taken by a white person. As you can see she has the clothes and hat of a black panther , it's almost fancy dress, she is a plastic revolutionary and there are many black people here who agree. The mob that pulled down that statue in Bristol were mainly white and I would hazard a guess, middle class guardian readers

cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:49 am George Floyds death is being used by various far left groups in this country to further an agenda. This Video is of one of them, a BLM activist, Marxist and prominent leader who was shot last week by a black gang. Nothing to do with BLM or race, stabbings and shootings happen all the time in south London she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. As you can see she is spouting racist remarks and trying to provoke violence. Black lives matter but only if they are taken by a white person. As you can see she has the clothes and hat of a black panther , it's almost fancy dress, she is a plastic revolutionary and there are many black people here who agree. The mob that pulled down that statue in Bristol were mainly white and I would hazard a guess, middle class guardian readers

You've never been to Bristol, then. The ones pulling the statue down were crusties
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic