UK News, Updates and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Re: UK News, Updates and Discussion

Post by whatwat »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:56 am The big difference is the people who died of the Plague, HIV or the Blitz, actually died from those things,
100,000 people have died after testing positive with Covid, but not all have died because of Covid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HIV is an immune deficiency virus. It doesn’t kill you but opportunistic infections (bacteria, fungus or pathogens) will. Similar to COVID.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

If you are run over by a bus on the way home from being tested positive for covid you will not be included in the daily figures, same with many other deaths.
A thousand plus people are the daily figures we are given. if somebody in hospital is dying of cancer/COPD etc and they then get covid and die the chances are that covid finished them off. I think it is pedantry to argue about how many have died OF or WITH covid. In the current crisis i don't expect exact post mortems on every death. They are not registering EVERY death of people who tested positive over the last 28 days as covid unless they ended up dying of something that points to covid, IE breathing problems

Many of the deaths in April and May were over 75s in care homes. They were at the end of life anyway, then they got covid and died so did they die of or with covid ?
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

whatwat wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:46 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:56 am The big difference is the people who died of the Plague, HIV or the Blitz, actually died from those things,
100,000 people have died after testing positive with Covid, but not all have died because of Covid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HIV is an immune deficiency virus. It doesn’t kill you but opportunistic infections (bacteria, fungus or pathogens) will. Similar to COVID.
Same If you cut your hand and it becomes blood poisining and you then die, did you die of a cut hand ?
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

This kind of squabbling ^^^ is exactly the reason why some countries are going down the tubes, with full bubbles.
ffs
arranging the deckchairs - or simply denying that "bump" was an iceberg.

Ok , drown you bastards - it's your choice.
head shake
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:14 am This kind of squabbling ^^^ is exactly the reason why some countries are going down the tubes, with full bubbles.
ffs

head shake
It’s an Internet forum. Chill.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

lol, yeah i know WW. I just amp things up for entertainment/literary purposes (all the time :mrgreen: ) or to make a point in short form.
But i do get frustrated with the dithering up in north at times, and thought maybe a short sharp "snap out of it fellas, get your act together" was not totally misplaced.
And i should have made it clear it was not personal. i was talking to the nations.
Sometimes i am being a pompous fool, mostly it's just part of the act.
but thanks :hattip:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:44 am lol, yeah i know WW. I just amp things up for entertainment/literary purposes (all the time :mrgreen: ) or to make a point in short form.
But i do get frustrated with the dithering up in north at times, and thought maybe a short sharp "snap out of it fellas, get your act together" was not totally misplaced.
And i should have made it clear it was not personal. i was talking to the nations.
Sometimes i am being a pompous fool, mostly it's just part of the act.
but thanks :hattip:
:D
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

whatwat wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:10 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:14 am This kind of squabbling ^^^ is exactly the reason why some countries are going down the tubes, with full bubbles.
ffs

head shake
It’s an Internet forum. Chill.
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
emm
Expatriate
Austria

Brexit - the consequences at the NI Border checks

Post by emm »

Northern Ireland suspends Brexit checks amid safety fears for port staff

Decision came after council withdrew 12 staff at Larne following reports of ‘menacing behaviour’

Brexit checks on animal and food products arriving into Belfast and Larne ports have been suspended amid fears over the safety of staff, Northern Ireland’s agriculture ministry has said.

The decision came after Mid and East Antrim borough council agreed on Monday night to remove 12 of its staff at Larne port with immediate effect, following an “upsurge in sinister and menacing behaviour in recent weeks”.

A spokesman for Stormont’s Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (Daera) said: “On the basis of information received today and pending further discussions with the PSNI [Police Service of Northern Ireland], Daera has decided in the interests of the wellbeing of staff to temporarily suspend physical inspections of products of animal origin at Larne and Belfast.

“The situation will be kept under review and in the meantime full documentary checks will continue to be carried out as usual.”

Jonathan Whittemore, of North Yorkshire firm Johnsons of Whixley, has called for urgent action over rules the firm “didn’t see coming”, telling the BBC on Monday he feared losing £500,000 a year because of sales barrier to the region.

read the full story here:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... y-concerns
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Sir Tom Moore has sadly passed away :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... s-55881753
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic