Burma closes

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
404FreedomNotFound
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Burma closes

Post by 404FreedomNotFound »

@Doc67
Yes, I never said it will grow more lethal. And even if it did, generally speaking if a strain were to mutate to become more deadly it would most likely have a lower spread rate.
I also never said the mutation rate was especially high.
It's just that mutation are extremely hard to predict, and mutation rate is extremely hard to conclude before some more time.
I will agree with you that closing borders mustn't have anything to do with mutation though, that part of my answer wasn't really smart. But mutation being a big unknown, I guess it can always be a concern for some health ministry?

After giving it some more thought I think it might have been dumb to include that in the answer in this specific case, the spread computer simulations results must be the main reason why one would close international borders even though all country already has the virus.

As for your critic of the first link, all 3 links arrives to the same conclusion, some require to trust the source, some require to have a calculator at home, one is just a database of all genomes reported. Sorry for believing math over words. Anyway as I said, all 3 links comes to the same conclusion, not sure what you freaked out about..... mutation doesn't mean it becomes worst, not did I ever say it does, nor did I say it mutates like crazy. And all 3 links agrees that we're only looking at the tip of the iceberg, and that the level of unknown is huge.

Did you guess I was fearmongering? Clearly the conclusion of all 3 links I posted do not encourage fear mongering.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic