Westerner OLIVIER RENAUD Caught Stealing Bag from Coffee Shop

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Westerner OLIVIER RENAUD Caught Stealing Bag from Coffee Shop

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On April 2, 2020, at 12:30 am, a western man named OLIVIER RENAUD, was arrested for stealing a bag from a military officer in a coffee shop, on the corner of street 13/130, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh.
The victim of the theft, Sem Sunfy, said that on April 1, at 7:30 pm, he went to a coffee shop with his friend. He left his bag with all his stuff on the table and went to the toilet, while his friend went up to order the coffee and bring it back to the table. When the officer returned, he realized that his bag was missing. He requested that the coffee shop security officers check their CCTV cameras, and they saw that his bag had been taken away by a westerner.

The bag contained an ID card, a passport, a military certificate from China, 200 USD, 2 million riels, and a laptop. The officer went out and searched for the suspect and found him at an internet shop on street 13/130 later that evening. The western man was arrested and sent to the police station.

The military officer has filed charges of theft against the western man and police have sent the suspect to Khan Chamkarmorn police station.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Re: Westerner OLIVIER RENAUD Caught Stealing Bag from Coffee Shop

Post by Marty »

200 USD? looks more like 2,000 USD. Had Olivier Renaud been a little more clever, he'd have had a pretty good score! A pile o' cash, laptop, wireless mouse, power bank, phone, etc. And as a bonus, a military certificate from China! Surprised theres no substances!
Last edited by Marty on Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Probably will see more thefts by starving begpackers and teachers soon.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Not starving yet. Hes still got some belly fat to burn off. He probably just enjoys thieving.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Oh this story is too much! The victim found him with the goods at a internet cafe. What, was he boasting about his short lived score to his Fakebook friends?
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

"The VICTIM of the theft"
"He left his bag with all his stuff on the table and went to the toilet, while his friend went up to order the coffee and bring it back to the table. When the officer returned, he realized that his bag was missing."

not condoning the theft, at all, but pleeeease don't give me The Victim crap.
"the FOOL who got robbed..."

poor me poor me, every time i bend over with my pants down some perp slips one in..
you hear it from nations too
i'm sick of it.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

One dudes victim is another dudes fool and is still another dudes aggrieved party. :bow:
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

LOL, ok Marty,
"the aggrieved fool..."
How about that?
Splashback
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Splashback »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:46 am poor me poor me, every time i bend over with my pants down some perp slips one in..
:lol: yeah that's true haha
I have some mutual friends with him and it seems out of character. But WTF do I know? Oh, and I think he was a professional runner so I'm surprised he didn't give them the slip.

Those internet cafes are notorious hangouts for crackheads... Good place to sell/swap stolen loot I guess.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:08 am LOL, ok Marty,
"the aggrieved fool..."
How about that?
Sure, I like the "the aggrieved fool." Since he made a police report out though, how about "the foolish plaintiff."

We've all done foolish shit. I've done exactly what the foolish plaintiff did. Well not exactly, I do most things on my own, and this foolish dude obviously assumed that his pal would watch the goods. And in no goddamed way would I leave all those electronics and thousands in US cash outta my hands, let alone outta sight. Isnt there something weird about this story though? Why do they say only 200 USD, when thats clearly not the case? And being military, he was smart enough to keep the substances in his pockets!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic