Cans for Cats

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Cans for Cats

Post by Electric Earth »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:07 am and most importantly, don't let it get you down.
Yeah, this is the hard part. It's definitely tough sometimes.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

pczz wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:27 pm Interesting. If dry food is so much better than wet food whya don't humans eat it ?
we're not cats?

monstra mihi bona!
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Phnom Poon wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:28 pm
pczz wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:27 pm Interesting. If dry food is so much better than wet food whya don't humans eat it ?
we're not cats?
I am sure we could make dried roast beef, but noone would eat it
khmerinade
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by khmerinade »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:07 am
Electric Earth wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:20 pm
khmerinade wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:29 pmNothing wrong with it at all.. I work with people (NGO) and there are still no shortages of assholes to hate on my work either..
That's true. If there's one thing I've learned with certainty in life, it's that there's never a shortage of assholes. Keep up the good fight.

LOL, funny ain't it - calling someone a "do-gooder" is the worst spit of insult many people can think of.
An early intro i had on this forum was trying to defend someone who was raising money for a hospice.
You would have thought i was as evil as the "scamming do-gooder" herself, by some of the responses i got.

but better get used to, just a fact of life - one of those things that make the kaleidoscope so interesting.
and most importantly, don't let it get you down. These kind of views are in the minority, despite their out-spokeness, most people have at least some generosity of spirit. imo
I’ve been doing it over 12 years and am not bothered honestly. Just funny that people hate even when you are doing something good. Also good on u for trying to help a hospice. A few of the hospitals here are some of the saddest things I’ve seen.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic