Mystery Foreigner Sweeps the Street in Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Mystery Foreigner Sweeps the Street in Phnom Penh

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

siliconlife wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:42 pm His "rubbish" looks mostly biodegradable...
He's building a nest for the night.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:02 pm He's building a nest for the night.
Or building a small fire to fend off the cold.
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

Anyway, good on him!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I agree good of him, what is more to the point he had actually laboured for the benefit of others of the area, if people did the same instead of complaining how untidy the streets are in the area, something would be done about it, like this young man has shown, and you never know it may catch on.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

Probably on meth. Obsessive cleansing is a common side effect of tweaking. Must have done his apartment and thought imma take this up a level.
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

I admit it... it was me.
I started feeling so guilty about getting $1200 from the US government like a dirty commie..
I decided to go to PP today and do some cleaning up.
Personally, I hope it wass just some young lad who wanted to show the Khmer people he was a good Samaritan..
But, I do recall a gal I knew in LA who told me she liked to do meth and clean house.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

j57 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:02 pm I started feeling so guilty about getting $1200 from the US government like a dirty commie..
More random rubbish.
Come back in a week.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
talltuktuk
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by talltuktuk »

It’s funny how the standard of public sanitation here is so despicably low that someone cleaning up is either a tweaker, a mentally unstable person, or homeless trash. I’ve often reached the point of frustration about the trash that I went outside and cleaned up the street in my village. I have a nice place to live, I don’t do drugs, and I’m not mentally unstable. The crazy stares I got from the locals would have indicated otherwise however. They became frantic after only a few hours of the absence of trash and promptly rectified the situation. Oh well, I tried.
The contrast here is fascinating.. drive a $100,000 spotlessly clean car but still throw trash on the street. There is a pride disconnect somewhere.
Cambodia: where money can buy you absolutely anything except intelligence.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Bully for him. But couldnt he be arrested and deported for working without a work permit for that type of work?
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Marty wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:55 am Bully for him. But couldnt he be arrested and deported for working without a work permit for that type of work?
He's not actually doing any locals out of a job, because it wouldn't even cross their minds to clean the rubbish up :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic