Gov’t Stimulus Plan to Give Every American $1200

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Re: Gov’t Stimulus Plan to Give Every American $1200

Post by Marty »

Shouty Mc-Shoutface is indisposed right now. I will substitute. Only the rich can save us. Donald Trump, along with a secret cabal of billionaires and trillionaires and gazillionaires are chipping in to a secret fund and they are funding it that way.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Marty wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:57 am Shouty Mc-Shoutface is indisposed right now. I will substitute. Only the rich can save us. Donald Trump, along with a secret cabal of billionaires and trillionaires and gazillionaires are chipping in to a secret fund and they are funding it that way.
Yellow Card!!!

Don't ruin my fun!!! :lol:
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

Electric Earth wrote: What I wonder is where this two Trillion dollars is coming from, considering the US is already in debt trillions of dollars. Are they just printing more notes and calling it good? Raising taxes next year to compensate(which will just remain raised forever)?
[YouTube][/YouTube]
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

pczz wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:42 am
WildA wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:20 pm
pczz wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:47 am What is the definition of American for this purpose? Presumably anyone with an American passport but what about the undocumented labour working semi-legallyfarms, and those waiting to obtain citizenship. Just curious.
The same defination as always: An American Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien. Illegal Aliens need not apply.
So all the non-permanent employees who have been working and paying taxes will get nothing? Womnder what they pay taxes for really
For the privilege of working in the greatest place in the world to live, and the hope of being more than temporary some day?
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

WildA wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:41 am
pczz wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:47 am What is the definition of American for this purpose? Presumably anyone with an American passport but what about the undocumented labour working semi-legallyfarms, and those waiting to obtain citizenship. Just curious.
The same defination as always: An American Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien. Illegal Aliens need not apply.
So all the non-permanent employees who have been working and paying taxes will get nothing? Womnder what they pay taxes for really
For the privilege of working in the greatest place in the world to live, and the hope of being more than temporary some day?
If its so great why do so mnay Americnas choose to live elsewhere? I am glad you think your country is great. In my opinion both the US and the UK are only great places to live if you have money. It costs me roughly 40% more to live in the uk than in almost anywhere else I have lived in Europe. Same problem as the US I think. far too much moneyspent on the military and far too little on enhancing the quality of life. Still, Each to his own
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

pczz wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:47 am
WildA wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:41 am
If its so great why do so mnay Americnas choose to live elsewhere?
Becasue we can afford to
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Stinkman wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:20 am
John Bingham wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:04 am Anyone who takes this money is a communist.
Those who get the money have paid into the Federal coffers with the payroll taxes withheld from their wages/income.
It doesn't matter where the money came from, giving hand-outs is communist. You are on a slippery slope, next come the gulags.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:04 am Anyone who takes this money is a communist.
I didn't notice the Chinese Communist Party giving out $1200 to their citizens...

(I bet that bit of news from the U.S. gets censored very quickly)
Last edited by Doc67 on Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Yerg wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:24 am Drums fingers on the table softly...

Awaits Shouty Mc-Shoutface's $0.05 worth...

:popcorn:
we're waiting...@j57
Stinkman
Expatriate

Post by Stinkman »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:33 pm It doesn't matter where the money came from, giving hand-outs is communist. You are on a slippery slope, next come the gulags.
I suppose that is what passes for biting satirical political commentary on CEO. Yawn.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic