Chinese Woman Flying From Cambodia Tests Positive for Coronavirus

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Chinese Woman Flying From Cambodia Tests Positive for Coronavirus

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

March 27, 2020
Passenger from Cambodia detected COVID-19 positive in China
A 27 year old female passenger, Chen Moumou, of Zhanjiang, Guangdong, was tested positive for COVID-19 on arrival in Guangdong on 25th March, 2020.

She had flown into Guangdong’s Guangzhou Baiyun Airport via Spring Airlines flight 9C6348 (seat 10D), which departed from Phnom at 1455 on 24th of March, arriving in Guangzhou at approximately 1845.

No nucleic acid tests were performed on the passenger as her temperature was normal before boarding in Phnom Penh and after disembarking in Guangzhou. A health declaration was made on entry without discomfort.

On 25 March, 25, she was taken to a designated isolation hotel for centralised isolation and observation, and her body temperature was normal bit when tests were performed later in the day for COVID-19, the results came out positive.

After consultation with the expert group, it was diagnosed as a confirmed case of new Coronarvirus. At present, the patient is admitted to the Affiliated Hospital of Guangdong Medical University, in a stable condition.

This latest case would bring the number of passengers who left Cambodia and tested positive in China to eight since the outbreak started in January. The first three were detected in Shenzen, the subsequent four in Nanjing and this case.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50706385/p ... -in-china/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Re: Chinese Woman Flying From Cambodia Tests Positive for Coronavirus

Post by fazur »

wtf are people still travelling ?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Nice how China has closed it's borders to everyone including Cambodians but Cambodia kept the doors wide open for that lot.

(But at least all the Okna's and the other ruling elite have nowhere to run to now...)
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:51 pm Nice how China has closed it's borders to everyone including Cambodians but Cambodia kept the doors wide open for that lot.

(But at least all the Okna's and the other ruling elite have nowhere to run to now...)
They will just holeup in there mansions with swimming pools,and delivery of what ever they want until this minor inconvinience blows over.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

She must have been very unlucky to run into one of the 104 infected people in Cambodia.
Johnnywalker
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Johnnywalker »

This is what I don’t understand. Multiple reports of people testing positive after leaving Cambodia. We’re they all short term visitors who were exposed before their trips? If not then the virus would likely be MUCH more prevalent here than the official numbers suggest. However if the numbers are that much higher then there should be signs of this in hospital cases and deaths. Something just doesn’t seem to add up.

Perhaps this is more evidence that the virus is much more prevalent and not as deadly as is currently known. I have seen some data that suggests this could be the case worldwide. Or maybe it’s being covered up though I find that hard to believe with the way rumors fly around here. Or maybe they really were just short term travellers who were exposed before their trip and are only just testing positive after their return. Any other possible explanations?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Johnnywalker wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:24 am This is what I don’t understand. Multiple reports of people testing positive after leaving Cambodia. We’re they all short term visitors who were exposed before their trips? If not then the virus would likely be MUCH more prevalent here than the official numbers suggest. However if the numbers are that much higher then there should be signs of this in hospital cases and deaths. Something just doesn’t seem to add up.

Perhaps this is more evidence that the virus is much more prevalent and not as deadly as is currently known. I have seen some data that suggests this could be the case worldwide. Or maybe it’s being covered up though I find that hard to believe with the way rumors fly around here. Or maybe they really were just short term travellers who were exposed before their trip and are only just testing positive after their return. Any other possible explanations?
In the Netherlands it becomes clearer and clearer those having severe diseases are either old or overweight. Just heard an IC doc say ALL patients in his IC had the same (overweight) bodyshape.

In Cambodia most are young and obesity is not a major issue (yet). Maybe that's an explanation.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

For what it's worth, I believe the prevalence is far higher than anybody's records show. Just about every foreigner male I know from my condo and neighbourhood believe they have already had the virus. They reported having strange flus, with varying COVID19 symptoms, over the last four months here in Bangkok, some claiming "I never get sick." I also believe I had a mild case of it in November after a Pattaya trip.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Johnnywalker wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:24 am This is what I don’t understand. Multiple reports of people testing positive after leaving Cambodia. We’re they all short term visitors who were exposed before their trips? If not then the virus would likely be MUCH more prevalent here than the official numbers suggest. However if the numbers are that much higher then there should be signs of this in hospital cases and deaths. Something just doesn’t seem to add up.

Yea, couldn't possibly be transferred to anyone through the air conditioning system while on the plane or ship. Notice how all / most of the reports are on people returning to their home country. Common denominator in all these is ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Agree with Duncan, these people aren't testing positive after leaving Cambodia, they are testing positive when they arrive elsewhere (after catching it on the plane).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic