coping with lockdown

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: coping with lockdown

Post by Doc67 »

Ghostwriter wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:44 am Enjoying the garden. Rented house.
Thinking at the employment outcome when all this shit is over, if my boss's business sinks.
It's gonna be like musical chairs, probably the right time to start over again in a different direction, hopefully with more purpose, and a needed better salary.
Cheap pleasures, middle pressure, reshuffle of expectations according to the situation.
That looks nicely isolated. Enjoy.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

I've been in isolation seven days and it's fair to say...

It actually hasn't been that bad.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

This thread is a bit of a revelation to me.

Am I the only one who had no idea so many of you don't appear to actually live in Cambodia?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Some do some don't. Most all have a connection to Cambodia through having lived or visited here so contribute as they wish.
I do live here but welcome others input.
There is no compulsory requirement to live here to be a member of CEO.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I live in Cambodia. This is day 14.

I think it's time to get up and have a spot of brunch.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

yeah ... real funny when people who did not vote for Trump who are living on the streets like wild dogs get sick and they over run the system that is already stretched because it is a sanctuary state.
Just like when the wild fires engulfed California last year ... President Trump will come to the rescue with FEMA and whatever is necessary to help the people.
Trump is not a petty little hater.
He is a man who loves his country ....unlike the previous President and his wife.
Funny how when you test more people in 8 days than 3 months your positives seem high.
china tested how many?
I read a nurse in Wuhan says they had 2,000 test kits for the entire city for a day.
How many hundreds of thousands actually died?
The 1 European county that bought into the one road commie plan was Italy. 300,000+ chinese living in the worst hit cities and their infected relatives fled wuhan before the lockdown.
Trump saved thousands by banning chinese on January 31st...while the democrats were impeaching him...the media paid no attention to wuhan...
drink your koolaid and be a little punk.

Lee's frozen food has offices in most Cambodian cities.. You get wholesale prices...
I have gone to Sihanoukville, PP, Kampot and Siem Reap...Great outfit out of Malaysia..
SiemReapRoddy
Expatriate
Equatorial Guinea

Post by SiemReapRoddy »

3,300 people dies in Wuhan.

5,000 urns delivered in one go.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Coping.....
We’ll see.

I live in Phnom Penh, but work in Europe. The lockdowns and lockouts have resulted in me doing soft time in a selection of hotels, and this coming weekend, heading to the UK.

Work has kept us pretty busy, so my liver doesn’t take a beating during the week, plus I hate drinking alone.

There’s an irony- we’re not allowed to socialize in groups greater than two, and must maintain minimum safe distance of 2meters. But in the air, we’re little more than a meter apart, and sharing the AC. Maybe Coronavirus is negatively impacted by engine oil fumes in the AC of our older birds?

So, to keep my mind off things, next week I shall be doing some maintenance shite around my mothers property;
- finish the summer house that I built a while back
- Service two or three cars
- catch some spring rays, top up the tan in the back garden
- continue the remote life via messenger Cam. Celebrate the little fella’s 1st birthday from the wrong continent.

The usual
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

j57 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:31 pm yeah ... real funny when people who did not vote for Trump who are living on the streets like wild dogs get sick and they over run the system that is already stretched because it is a sanctuary state.
Just like when the wild fires engulfed California last year ... President Trump will come to the rescue with FEMA and whatever is necessary to help the people.
Trump is not a petty little hater.
He is a man who loves his country ....unlike the previous President and his wife.
Funny how when you test more people in 8 days than 3 months your positives seem high.
china tested how many?
I read a nurse in Wuhan says they had 2,000 test kits for the entire city for a day.
How many hundreds of thousands actually died?
The 1 European county that bought into the one road commie plan was Italy. 300,000+ chinese living in the worst hit cities and their infected relatives fled wuhan before the lockdown.
Trump saved thousands by banning chinese on January 31st...while the democrats were impeaching him...the media paid no attention to wuhan...
drink your koolaid and be a little punk.

Lee's frozen food has offices in most Cambodian cities.. You get wholesale prices...
I have gone to Sihanoukville, PP, Kampot and Siem Reap...Great outfit out of Malaysia..
You're becoming a fucking pain in the ass with your constant Trump highjacking of threads. I would have binned you by now for a spell. Twat!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic