American former Kampot and Siem Reap expat “stranded” in Suriname with Cambodian girlfriend and her kids

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bedazzler!
Expatriate

American former Kampot and Siem Reap expat “stranded” in Suriname with Cambodian girlfriend and her kids

Post by Bedazzler! »

This guy needs a gofundme ASAP!
^Staying at home is one thing. Trying to come home in the midst of COVID-10 restrictions in a foreign country in turmoil is the latest in a series of struggles Princeton native Justin Parke is facing to keep his family together.

Parke, remembered most recently here on the crew at Farmer’s Daughter restaurant downtown, is stranded in Suriname with his fiance and two daughters. Faced with the choice of leaving them behind to come to the U.S., he wasn’t on the last flight out of Suriname Wednesday.

But he’s still appealing to the government, to the U.S. Embassy, Department of State — to anyone who will listen — to help keep his family unit together and leave Suriname. He detailed the ordeal in a letter....
https://www.pdclarion.com/news/princeto ... 27666.html
TeachingForPeanuts
Expatriate

Re: American former Kampot and Siem Reap expat “stranded” in Suriname with Cambodian girlfriend and her kids

Post by TeachingForPeanuts »

He blames the Chinese for “tightening American work permits” in Cambodia that made it impossible for him to stay here with his Cambodian family?? So he moved them to ... South America???
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: American former Kampot and Siem Reap expat “stranded” in Suriname with Cambodian girlfriend and her kids

Post by frizzie77 »

Oh God, another total idiot, thinking people will buy his sob story.

"We had a small successful restaurant, but with the Chinese investment came the easing of Chinese work permits and the tightening of American work permits. My annual request of work and work permit were denied, forcing me to flee Cambodia before becoming an illegal alien."

Huh?

Even more worrying is that these 'journalists' like at the 'Princeton Daily Clarion' (oh yes, that well known respectable newspaper, right?) simply print these stories without fact-checking.
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

He doesn't need a gofundme. He's selling kramas from Cambodia for $30 each.

fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

bizarre story not surpised if drug history
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

LSD i reckon - looks like a 1971 California Sunshine to me.

Are you sure, OP, that this is not just a resurrected 49 year old facebook post?
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

No way Jose. 1974 purple microdot. Maybe even windowpane. and from the Princeton article, whaddya suppose is under that purple towel?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I don’t know whether to pity him, or be angry at him, or just shake my head in bewilderment.

The guy is not even legally married to that lady, and he isn’t even claiming to be married (K-1 fiancée visa), so there is no legal family.

Now he wants to the US government to suddenly grant this Khmer lady, and her kids (not covered by a K-1 fiancée visa), relative visas (and eventual green cards). Why? Because he believes that the American government has an obligation to keep his ‘family’ together.

He even brought them all to a country in worse shape than Cambodia, for what? So then can all perish in an active civil war?

Meanwhile, I have been patiently waiting through the process for missus to get her visa to join me.

If this fool gets emergency visas granted for his ‘family’ before my missus, I’m filing a complaint with USCIS.

Except visa processing has been shut down due to the virus.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:15 am I don’t know whether to pity him, or be angry at him, or just shake my head in bewilderment.

The guy is not even legally married to that lady, and he isn’t even claiming to be married (K-1 fiancée visa), so there is no legal family.

Now he wants to the US government to suddenly grant this Khmer lady, and her kids (not covered by a K-1 fiancée visa), relative visas (and eventual green cards). Why? Because he believes that the American government has an obligation to keep his ‘family’ together.

He even brought them all to a country in worse shape than Cambodia, for what? So then can all perish in an active civil war?

Meanwhile, I have been patiently waiting through the process for missus to get her visa to join me.

If this fool gets emergency visas granted for his ‘family’ before my missus, I’m filing a complaint with USCIS.

Except visa processing has been shut down due to the virus.

Thats right! Do that. And write your congerssman too!
MagicVan
Tourist

Post by MagicVan »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:15 am I don’t know whether to pity him, or be angry at him, or just shake my head in bewilderment.

Yes, he has to be careful, he can't get a fiancee visa if the embassy thinks he's married. They'll tell him to start over and apply for a spouse visa. It seems that he has been calling her his "wife" a lot online and when asking for emergency help from embassy, and that could bite him in the ass later:

https://travelfeed.io/@justinparke/5dztbx
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic