American former Kampot and Siem Reap expat “stranded” in Suriname with Cambodian girlfriend and her kids

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
numacsys
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: American former Kampot and Siem Reap expat “stranded” in Suriname with Cambodian girlfriend and her kids

Post by numacsys »

What a dolt. Dragging those kids from country to country, exposing them to peril and uncertainty. Should be made a chargeable felony.

Can't fathom how or why he thought it would be safer to take them to Suriname, Ecuador... not to mention the Saudi and Spain airport dilemma and losing thousands of dollars as a consequence of his recklessness and idiocy. He should have stayed put in Cambodia, kept those thousands of USD in the relative safety of an ABA or Acleda account whilst waiting for the US embassy to adjudicate on his confusing claims and requests.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: American former Kampot and Siem Reap expat “stranded” in Suriname with Cambodian girlfriend and her kids

Post by Yerg »

numacsys wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:20 am What a dolt.
I've never heard of "a dolt" and would love to know what it means. I can't be arsed to Google, I've had a few scoops in lockdown and it's taken me 20 minutes to just type this!!! :beer1:
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

dolt noun

\ ˈdōlt \
Definition of dolt
: a stupid person
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Why would he go to Surinam. It was Dutch Guyana. I went there 50 years ago on a boat. No Khmers there I bet. I met a Khmer from Malta in the paint shop once. Only one Khmer in Malta.
Met lots of Khmers in Queensland now. Some reffos from NZ, most women with local husbands. They are going fine, lots of good food here. We are going out now to harvest wild guavas and water chestnuts. In the season tons of mangoes and lychees free on street trees. But having access to money means the Khmers party constantly. They drink and gamble far too much. Some are alcoholics like my missus, love to drink and go dancing. But I have the worst of the bunch and would love to escape forever. The kids are going well at school and are very confident. The little one is a star, bright, athletic and sociable. I am too old to see her grow up now.
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:02 am What does this poor Khmer lass with small kids see in this guy? I’m pretty sure he didn’t pass the sniff test when her extended family gave him the look over to be married. Sorry, not married, but be a family.

He’s neither providing for her nor keeping her and her kids safe in either Georgia or Surinam. That’s top of my list of qualities of being a man.

She needs to get herself and her kids back to Cambodia where she speaks the language, knows the system, and has family and villagers to fall back on. He needs to get back the US, where there isn’t and impending financial collapse and civil war happening. Although it may be already too late.

I feel for them. Would hate to read a further downward spiral in their life’s adventures.
There is a sniff of a civil war between New York state and the orange one.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:15 am I don’t know whether to pity him, or be angry at him, or just shake my head in bewilderment.

The guy is not even legally married to that lady, and he isn’t even claiming to be married (K-1 fiancée visa), so there is no legal family.

Now he wants to the US government to suddenly grant this Khmer lady, and her kids (not covered by a K-1 fiancée visa), relative visas (and eventual green cards). Why? Because he believes that the American government has an obligation to keep his ‘family’ together.

He even brought them all to a country in worse shape than Cambodia, for what? So then can all perish in an active civil war?

Meanwhile, I have been patiently waiting through the process for missus to get her visa to join me.

If this fool gets emergency visas granted for his ‘family’ before my missus, I’m filing a complaint with USCIS.

Except visa processing has been shut down due to the virus.
This whole thing sucks. In better times, with better governments citizens had an automatic right to bring their family home. Sadly the system was abused and most countries donot allow this anymore
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Throw those bums outta office, put somebody good in! Write your congersman!
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

krisduncs wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:03 am I remember him. One of the biggest bellends ever to walk the planet. Self entitled tosspot. The WHOLE world are wrong and he is always right. The Cambo authorities told him to get fucked when he went in some ministry in pp making demands. Spoilt wanker. Ginger,dreadlocked,white american,pretend rastafarian.
I pity the children.
I knew this guy HAD to have dreads.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Imagine he's heavily tatted too.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

pczz wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:52 am In better times, with better governments citizens had an automatic right to bring their family home. Sadly the system was abused and most countries donot allow this anymore
I'm not sure this was ever really the case. Until just a few decades ago there was very little worldwide travel, so it may have been feasible then. At the same time there were far fewer embassies.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic