American former Kampot and Siem Reap expat “stranded” in Suriname with Cambodian girlfriend and her kids

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: American former Kampot and Siem Reap expat “stranded” in Suriname with Cambodian girlfriend and her kids

Post by Yerg »

Seems the guy is a bit of a ninny for taking his partner and her kids to Surinam then...

Calling people racists who offer pertinent 'advice' is a little over-sensitive, in my book. Wish them well, pretty sure it won't end in tears...
krisduncs
Expatriate

Re: American former Kampot and Siem Reap expat “stranded” in Suriname with Cambodian girlfriend and her kids

Post by krisduncs »

I remember him. One of the biggest bellends ever to walk the planet. Self entitled tosspot. The WHOLE world are wrong and he is always right. The Cambo authorities told him to get fucked when he went in some ministry in pp making demands. Spoilt wanker. Ginger,dreadlocked,white american,pretend rastafarian.
I pity the children.
Brewer
Expatriate

Post by Brewer »

Sweet Lemon wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:53 am He considers all borders illegal because he wasn't consulted when the borders were drawn up.

:ROFL: "Boycott countries with draconian immigration policies"? I suppose if it gets pointed out that such countries have already got their boycotting in first through, er, y'know, their draconian immigration policies then he'll squeal racist, xenophobic fascist and slap on the block? :Yahoo!:
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

He's a real fruitcake, a kook, and a pud wanker. Obviously has more money than brains if he can go jet setting all over the world in search of excellent education for "his" Cambodian children.
Terry Fishsauce
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Terry Fishsauce »

krisduncs wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:03 am I remember him. One of the biggest bellends ever to walk the planet. Self entitled tosspot. The WHOLE world are wrong and he is always right. The Cambo authorities told him to get fucked when he went in some ministry in pp making demands. Spoilt wanker. Ginger,dreadlocked,white american,pretend rastafarian.
I pity the children.
You had me at "ginger"
TeachingForPeanuts
Expatriate

Post by TeachingForPeanuts »

krisduncs wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:03 am I remember him. One of the biggest bellends ever to walk the planet. Self entitled tosspot. The WHOLE world are wrong and he is always right. The Cambo authorities told him to get fucked when he went in some ministry in pp making demands. Spoilt wanker. Ginger,dreadlocked,white american,pretend rastafarian.
I pity the children.
Demands about what?

Why couldn't he extend his work permit? That's the strange thing about this.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

TeachingForPeanuts wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:35 am
I pity the children.
Demands about what?

Why couldn't he extend his work permit? That's the strange thing about this.
"Allegations" that it was easy for Chinese to get a visa and it was made more difficult for an American to get a visa. I smell something fishy here... At the very least, it's a whole crock of piffle and balderdash.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

What does this poor Khmer lass with small kids see in this guy? I’m pretty sure he didn’t pass the sniff test when her extended family gave him the look over to be married. Sorry, not married, but be a family.

He’s neither providing for her nor keeping her and her kids safe in either Georgia or Surinam. That’s top of my list of qualities of being a man.

She needs to get herself and her kids back to Cambodia where she speaks the language, knows the system, and has family and villagers to fall back on. He needs to get back the US, where there isn’t and impending financial collapse and civil war happening. Although it may be already too late.

I feel for them. Would hate to read a further downward spiral in their life’s adventures.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

I enjoy reading about the downward spiral in that nitwit's life. The guy has already talked to the Department of State in Suriname and Gyuyana. Why doesen't he write his congressman? I hope he has to start a GoFundMe.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:02 am
She needs to get herself and her kids back to Cambodia where she speaks the language, knows the system, and has family and villagers to fall back on.
You can take the Khmer woman out of Cambodia
But you should never take the Khmer woman out of Cambodia

is my general feeling - for the reasons you state here Nuke.
The boundless wonders of modern consumerism, unconnected communities and micronised families might suit some of us - but i reckon, eg, it would be a slow death for my wife. Hard to convince her of that tho'.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic