American former Kampot and Siem Reap expat “stranded” in Suriname with Cambodian girlfriend and her kids

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Re: American former Kampot and Siem Reap expat “stranded” in Suriname with Cambodian girlfriend and her kids

Post by Cruisemonkey »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:15 am I don’t know whether to pity him, or be angry at him, or just shake my head in bewilderment.
I'm doing the latter.
You could be next.
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: American former Kampot and Siem Reap expat “stranded” in Suriname with Cambodian girlfriend and her kids

Post by j57 »

Quite a story...
I wish my Khmer 'wife' could go back to Kansas and help me get my house ready for sale...We had a small ceremony in her village....no official paperwork..3 years ago.
But, that was not an option even before the chinese Wuhan virus nuked the planet.
This story reminds me of the over 1,000,000 legal immigrants who patiently wait and follow all of the rules who are fucked over as millions of ILLEGALS pour in and use loopholes to scam the system.
Sadly, it seems that she and her kids need to return to Cambodia and he needs to go live in obamaland and eat vegan shroom burgers.
dragging those kids to one foreign country after another is disgusting.
I have it great in Cambodia and every year I wonder if my visa extension will have some new restrictions that burst my bubble of bliss and compel me to leave my wife...
I am thankful I am not walking in his sandals.
Lonestar
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lonestar »

This loser has too may problems to list...but number one on the list is most likely a lifetime of avoiding going to work. Even starting over at a minimum wage entry level job in the U.S. is off the charts more promising than being granted asylum in a South American country.
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

He considers all borders illegal because he wasn't consulted when the borders were drawn up.

IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

This guy is living in cloud cuckoo land.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Quite a "story" alright. I just read through the OP article and the guy says that they went to Surinam in order to be close to the US, but then he says that they were all set to go and work in Georgia (you know, not Georgia USA, but Georgia, the country next to Russia) when the coronavirus hit.
He's made some reckless decisions and is getting the consequences now. I don't think the US or Cambodian govts will be much help. Still, I hope they stay safe. He says that family is what matters, and at least they are together. Good luck to them.
engexpat
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by engexpat »

what a clown there not even his children hes not helping them taking them to a country in a worst crisis than cambodia no reason he cant live in cambodia he thinks just because he wants to be back in the us he should be aloud i have a baby and cambodia gf i also want to pick what country i want to live in lol
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Sweet Lemon wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:43 pm Image
He "just wants to use an ATM". I presume he means to access funds that he/they have earned and put in the bank? Or does he mean for money that "someone else" will provide?
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

He means there's a currency shortage/crisis in Suriname and he wants to be able to withdraw his own money from an ATM.

He's all over the place -- one day he just wants a tourist visa to the USA, the next day he wants immigrant visas. Any friend who says "I don't think they're entitled to visas under current USA immigration rules" gets blocked and called racist.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic