Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem, and Madness

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Re: Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem, and Madness

Post by Marty »

I changed my mind. Couldnt get past Season 1 Episode 1 of that shit. I'll have to be tested to be sure, but feels like I lost at least 5 IQ points after watching that shit.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

what the dc didn't tell ya
Five minutes into the first episode of Netflix’s viral documentary series Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem, and Madness, its codirector, Eric Goode, encounters a newly purchased snow leopard in the back of a van, suffering in the Florida heat. “That set me on this journey to really understand what is going on with people keeping big cats in this country,” Goode says in the series’ only narration.

.....Don’t get me wrong, Tiger King is as fun as shootin’ up a stop sign. But the scene with the leopard in the van is the only indication in the five-hour series that anyone behind the camera gives half a litter box about wildlife. Instead, it selectively leaves out information to craft a narrative that entertains at the expense of both the cats and the actual earthbound truth
https://www.outsideonline.com/2411410/t ... FG-0#close
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

‘Tiger King’ Joe Exotic loses animal park to rival Baskin
AFP | Publication date 03 June 2020 | 21:37 ICT
The US star of hit Netflix series Tiger King will have to hand over the ownership of his famous zoo to the nemesis he tried to have murdered, a court has ruled.

Joe Exotic, whose real name is Joseph Maldonado-Passage, is in jail after he was sentenced to 22 years in prison in January for the attempted murder of Carole Baskin.

His feud with Baskin, an animal sanctuary owner, captivated millions in the Netflix documentary that became a sensation when it was released in March as the US went into coronavirus lockdown.

Baskin had for years accused Exotic of abusing the animals, including tigers, in his park.

Exotic said Baskin was trying to destroy his business, and their dispute ended up in a years-long legal battle.

On Monday, a judge in the state of Oklahoma ruled that the ownership of Exotic’s 16-acre (6.5ha) land in the state must be transferred to Baskin, who runs Big Cat Rescue in Florida.

The Greater Wynnewood Exotic Animal Park will have to vacate the premises, “including removal of all zoo animals”, Judge Scott Palk said in the decision.

In 2013, a Florida court ordered Exotic to pay Baskin $1 million because his company had used logos and images similar to those of Big Cat Rescue.

Exotic tried to get off from paying by shielding his assets, leading to this second lawsuit, with the judge ruling in Baskin’s favour.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/lifestyle ... val-baskin
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

I'm waiting for the allegedly murderous Carole B to kill her current husband, that would make an exciting sequel. And who knows, she might do it because it is her humor or just for Netflix.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

now who could have seen that coming LOL

Carole Baskin of ‘Tiger King’ Will Star in New Show

The new show will star Ms. Baskin and her husband, Howard Baskin, of Big Cat Rescue in Tampa, Fla., according to a statement on Thursday from ITV America’s Thinkfactory Media, the production company that is developing the show.

The new show, unscripted and as yet unnamed, will follow the couple “as they work to expose, like never before, those who abuse and take advantage of various animals,” and spotlight history, lawsuits and animal rights violations, Thinkfactory Media said in a statement.

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2020/09 ... &auto=webp
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Will be interesting to see if her current husband survives the first season. I'd vote for him "going missing" if I had a vote.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Alex wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:48 pm Will be interesting to see if her current husband survives the first season. I'd vote for him "going missing" if I had a vote.
:thumb:
Let us know if he gets eaten, I can't be bothered to watch it all.
:voilent4:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Heres some updates on ur favorite tiger KIng

'Tiger King' star Joe Exotic released from solitary confinement after months in coronavirus lockdown
Joe is serving time in prison for his role in a failed murder-for-hire plot against his former rival, Big Cat Rescue CEO Carole Baskin. The duo’s feud was the subject of the Netflix documentary series that captivated the public at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The good news comes weeks after the Netflix star penned a letter that was obtained by TMZ in which he claimed he wasn’t getting the necessary medical treatment he needed, speculating that he would be dead in “[two to three] months.”
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/t ... s-lockdown

In the latest developments in the Tiger King saga, “Doc” Antle has been formally charged with animal cruelty and trafficking.

Antle, whose real name is Bhagavan Antle, has owned and operated Myrtle Beach Safari Park for nearly 30 years. On Wednesday, a grand jury in Virginia’s Frederick County indicted him on nine misdemeanor counts of animal cruelty, four misdemeanor accounts of conspiracy to violate the Endangered Species Act, one felony count of conspiracy to wildlife traffic and one felony count of wildlife trafficking.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tig ... 57406.html

Carole Baskin of ‘Tiger King’ Gets Her Own Show
The unscripted series will follow Ms. Baskin and her husband, Howard Baskin, as “they work to expose” animal abuse, a production company said.

The unscripted series will follow Ms. Baskin and her husband, Howard Baskin, as “they work to expose” animal abuse, a production company said.
Carole Baskin is officially turning into a reality star of her own magnitude after her breakout appearance as the target of a murder plot in the Netflix smash hit Tiger King. Already making an appearance on ABC’s Dancing With The Stars, reports indicated on Thursday that Baskin also has an unscripted show in the works that will take place at her own animal sanctuary.

The New York Times reported Thursday that Baskin and her husband will star in a new reality show that hopes to “expose” animal abuse as well as highlight the work she and her husband do at their own Florida animal rescue.
https://uproxx.com/tv/tiger-king-carole ... w-details/
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

suing the DOJ
“Tiger King” star Joe Exotic is suing the US Justice Department over the Trump administration’s rejection of his official pardon request, according to a report.

Exotic — whose real name is Joseph Maldonado-Passage — argues that the denial is not valid because the request was not presented directly to President Trump himself.

The suit names Acting Pardon Attorney Rosalind Sargent-Burns, according to a six-page complaint filed by Exotic’s lawyers and obtained by Courthouse News.
https://nypost.com/2020/12/17/joe-exoti ... ed-pardon/
One of last year’s breakout superstars, Joe Exotic, is once again petitoning for a pardon after his father has died. Exotic is now attempting to attend his father’s funeral in Oklahoma.

TMZ reports Joe Exotic’s father, Franchis Schreibvogel, died following complications from COVID.

Exotic’s legal representation is set to fly to Washington D.C. to attempt to secure his attendance at the funeral, however, the efforts have a very short timeline.
https://thesource.com/2021/01/06/joe-ex ... er-passed/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic