Local moron publicly released a video of my son urinating at a restaurant toilet.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Local moron publicly released a video of my son urinating at a restaurant toilet.

Post by Jack.R. »

Some random middle class khmer guy made a video of my 4 years old son pissing in a restaurant's toilet urinal in PP and posted it public.
Missus makes light of it but I find it in very bad taste.

Any suggestions?
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Local moron publicly released a video of my son urinating at a restaurant toilet.

Post by Bubble T »

Have you tried politely asking him to take it down and explaining to him why it's wrong? Also I'd suggest accompanying your son on future bathroom visits until he's old enough to notice creepy weirdos recording him and to inform his dad immediately....
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Local moron publicly released a video of my son urinating at a restaurant toilet.

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

You don't accompany your four year old son when using public toilets?
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Post by Jack.R. »

I wasn't there, wife went at some nice restaurant with some friends, than a fellow friend spotted the video.
I tried to contact the guy's profile but he doesn't reply since yesterday.
Josh_76
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Josh_76 »

There's no right to privacy here and it's probably seen as cute (did that guy put any words with it why he was posting it?).

You may try flagging the video but if it's a Khmer run site you may not get much cooperation for a number of reasons.
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

What an absolute fucking creep. I'm not calling you a lair at all, but if this is true, I hope you find a way to make something happen, beyond just having the video taken offline. That's absolutely disgusting. Good luck.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Jack.R. wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:28 am Some random middle class khmer guy made a video of my 4 years old son pissing in a restaurant's toilet urinal in PP and posted it public.
Missus makes light of it but I find it in very bad taste.

Any suggestions?
I think your missus is cracked for making light of this. I find it in very bad taste. That random middle class khmer guy is a creep, and possibly a peodphile for doing that. My suggestion would be to draw and quarter him especially if your 4 year old sons dick was shown in the video.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Contact the local branch of the Child Protection Unit.

If they take the case on.......this guy will come to a quick realization on what constitutes proper behavior in a civilized society.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Very odd behavior. There can only really be one of two possible motivations. Either it's not seen as weird in Khmer culture and was innocently done because it's somehow seen as cute, or there's something more sinister about it.

The fact that it was posted publicly and your (I assume Khmer) wife makes light of it, leads me to believe it's simply a strange part of Khmer culture that we're just not used to, and probably nothing sinister, no matter how weird and uncomfortable it seems to us.

But I'll happily admit that if it were my son, I might feel differently.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

I would suggest in your home countries the guy would be a pervert because you have been indoctrinated to believe that innocence is lost.
If you had as many Khmer facebook friends as I do you would see similar posts and people get a kick out of it. Along with a lot of violent shit that would be distasteful back home.
When I was a kid a photo shop would develop pics of naked children.... because my older brother used to love to dig them out from 1960 and make fun of me.
walmart and all don't do that shit no more and society has changed ...the Catholic Church scandals and pedophile documentaries have molded the public's perception.
A kid pissing?
I have seen fountains of kids pissing in the West.
Innocent times..are lost...
It is a shame ..
Women nursing in public gets people bent out of shape..
To the father...
I suggest talking to your wife about future outings when you are not along..
I see kids pissing along the roadside and adults..
It is a natural function..
I sure as fuck don't stare at them...or film them..
But, by putting the vid on line the guy was showing it to be simply an innocent act...
He outed himself to the public...as opposed to some creature who took more advantage of a boy pissing alone in a public restroom...of a nice restaurant.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic