France : Hydroxychloroquine & Plaquenil authorized against COVID 19

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

France : Hydroxychloroquine & Plaquenil authorized against COVID 19

Post by Ghostwriter »

....On prescription, but not only for the most severe cases, as authorized before. Now generalizing to all infected.

[media]https://www.20minutes.fr/societe/274883 ... adre-vente [/media]

[media] https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr ... 07074.html [/media]

It's a bit fresh (3 hours ago here), so i can't find it in English on world news yet.
Good news.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: France : Hydroxychloroquine & Plaquenil authorized against COVID 19

Post by pczz »

Ghostwriter wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:18 am ....On prescription, but not only for the most severe cases, as authorized before. Now generalizing to all infected.

[media]https://www.20minutes.fr/societe/274883 ... adre-vente [/media]

[media] https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr ... 07074.html [/media]

It's a bit fresh (3 hours ago here), so i can't find it in English on world news yet.
Good news.
Well make sure you get the formulation for malaria and not fish tank cleaner like the old couple in the states who dies taking it!
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

There's no conclusive evidence that it does anything
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

By Guglielmo Gianott, executive director of surgery at the Cremona hospital (front line)

"The only other drugs we were using in the ward were anti-malaria treatments together with HIV drugs, but there weren't any indications that they were working.
On the contrary, patients adopting those treatments were seeing significant side effects. We worried they were doing more harm than good."

(from the "I saw who lives and who dies" thread)
dodiengdaga
Expatriate
Philippines

Post by dodiengdaga »

cptrelentless wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:35 pm There's no conclusive evidence that it does anything
Au contraire, monsieur....
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... KLdJgVe0z0
la8rat
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by la8rat »

To the best of my knowledge I've never in my life had flu. Not it the way that people say you wouldn't get out of bed and stand up for £20 if you did have real flu.
30 years ago in my early 20s on my very first trip backpacking around Thailand I took that foul tasting chloroquine anti malarial drug for months.

Connection or coincidence??
A lie can get round the world faster than the truth can get its boots on.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

la8rat wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:17 pm To the best of my knowledge I've never in my life had flu. Not it the way that people say you wouldn't get out of bed and stand up for £20 if you did have real flu.
30 years ago in my early 20s on my very first trip backpacking around Thailand I took that foul tasting chloroquine anti malarial drug for months.

Are you sure you didn't take Lariam?
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

la8rat wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:17 pm To the best of my knowledge I've never in my life had flu. Not it the way that people say you wouldn't get out of bed and stand up for £20 if you did have real flu.

I've also never had anything like what people describe as the flu, but have never taken such a drug. Plenty of colds and strep throat, but never flu. I think many people just never get it.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
la8rat
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by la8rat »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:23 pm

Are you sure you didn't take Lariam?
Absolutely positive.
I'll never forget how much I hated taking those tablets. They would disintegrate in your mouth before you got chance to swallow them and tasted terrible.
A lie can get round the world faster than the truth can get its boots on.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic