How to get tested for corona?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Simon_Miles
Expatriate

How to get tested for corona?

Post by Simon_Miles »

Morning all,

I'm showing all the signs that I've got corona (bad chest pain, fever, aches etc), so trying to do the responsible thing and get tested.

The 115 hotline is just in Khmer, so not sure of the best process.

Anyone got ny suggestions on how to go about doing this?

Cheers!
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: How to get tested for corona?

Post by pczz »

Simon_Miles wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:10 am Morning all,

I'm showing all the signs that I've got corona (bad chest pain, fever, aches etc), so trying to do the responsible thing and get tested.

Cheers!
If youhave it you should not got out and spread it around. ADvice in UK is stay at home and wait until you have serious breathing difficuties. The majority of people recover with no major symptons, but if youget seriously breathless then you need tosee a doctor. Tylenol will get your temperature down and youshould isolate yourself.I would phone the pasteur centre and ask them for a price and how to get the swabs done. the new test that will be arrivig in the west this week uses a small blood sample rather than swabs which have to be done correctly to avoid false negatives
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Chak Angre Health Center. South of the city along Norodom. That's the triage spot. If your case is deemed not serious, you'll go back home till the results come in. If not, you'll be asked to stay there. Serious cases will then go to Soviet Friendship hospital, and light cases stay at Chak Angre. Last I heard results come in 6 hours, but might be quicker now. Tons of sick Khmers aren't going because they're "scared". Blame the foreigners is coming soon, but mainly because they're scared of repercussions or something, even though the government made it clear they'd cover costs.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Simon_Miles wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:10 am Morning all,

Cheers!
There's a list circulating with a doc for each province with his/her phone number. I'd call the number for the province I was in.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Simon_Miles wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:10 am
Press "3" to be put through to a real person, English speakers are available but if possible it would pay to have a Khmer speaker to translate for you.

From what I have been able to gather so far, the only places where you can have the testing done are the Chak Angre Health Centre, Khmer-Soviet Hospital and Royal Phnom Penh Hospital.
Simon_Miles
Expatriate

Post by Simon_Miles »

Spot on - thank you all.
happygilmore
Tourist
United States of America

Post by happygilmore »

According to the Khmer Times the PM announced that testing and treatment is free for everyone including foreigners https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50706034/p ... a-is-free/. The Cambodian Ministry of Health has designated three hospitals in Phnom Penh (Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital, National Pediatric Hospital, and Kantha Bopha Hospital), and 25 Provincial Referral Hospitals as medical facilities that can order a test for, and treat, suspected cases of COVID-19.
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

DO NOT take Tynol,Asprin or Ibuprobfen ...paracetomol is OK the first three can make it easier for the virus to do its nasty work....plenty good sources on this info...on being Dr John Campbell on you tube... also read it on a French article about the anit malayrial treatment.....
rexwell
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by rexwell »

one_dolla wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:50 am DO NOT take Tynol,Asprin or Ibuprobfen ...paracetomol is OK the first three can make it easier for the virus to do its nasty work....plenty good sources on this info...on being Dr John Campbell on you tube... also read it on a French article about the anit malayrial treatment.....
Tylenol is Paracetamol. It's the US version of Panadol as far as I know.
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

yeah I thought about that later and realised my error ! too many new things to remember!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic