Have you lost your job due to Corona Virus? Need a CV?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Have you lost your job due to Corona Virus? Need a CV?

Post by rozzieoz »

Username Taken wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:09 am Um! Still some work to be done.

ARGH WTF, it looks absolutely perfect in preview mode at my end.
I don't know how to fix it :(
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

How about now? I think the web view is fixed.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

There's good news and bad news!

:thumb:

and
Spoiler:
on the phone:

:evil:
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Yes as I said, web view is fixed, thanks so much!
My assistant will fix the mobile view when she is back at work on Monday.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

The mobile site is also fixed, thanks so much everyone for your input :)
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ego bibere nimis »

Good effort Roz! I get what you are saying about you referring folks to your website rather than attracting customers via SEO, but did you have a good look at competitor's sites? Some of them are very slick (I am not refering to functionality, but presentation).

Maybe it's just personal taste, but it looks dated rather than modern and fresh (compared to other sites offering similar services) it could just be color choices / fonts. If the website looks 'outdated' then folks may feel that the work product is also outdated, which is clearly not the case - but that's how folks think. Not sure that a picture of you 'personalizes' it or makes the site look amateurish - mixed feelings about that. If you want to appear to be an 'organization' I would remove it. If you want to appear to be a one woman band, leave it.

There are people who can tart up existing websites for little expense. Probably lots of them in PP with nothing to do and may do it for a few beers / steak.
Now that the foundation is there (which is really good), I would suggest investing the time in modernizing it. Get someone born 1990 onwards to do it, they will have a sense of what works these days in the context of attracting customers.

Finally, contact details aren't easily found. You need to appear accessable. Folks feel uncomfortable spending $'s online when contact details are opaque/ not easily found.

I hope you find the above constructive.
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

ego bibere nimis wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:06 am If you want to appear to be an 'organization' I would remove it. If you want to appear to be a one woman band, leave it.
I am my brand.
I have a very particular process and style which is highly successful - I'm very much a "one woman band" in that I am the ONLY person who writes CV like I do.
I have a couple of admin assistants but nobody else touches the writing side of the business.

If you think this site looks old fashioned, you should have seen the old one!
Last edited by rozzieoz on Tue May 23, 2023 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

ego bibere nimis wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:06 am Finally, contact details aren't easily found. You need to appear accessable. Folks feel uncomfortable spending $'s online when contact details are opaque/ not easily found.
Oh, did you miss the Contact Us page? I'm pretty sure it's there.

The majority of people visiting my site get there through Facebook - through messaging me or engaging with me on a group. I am very accessible to them. :)
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I've asked my graphics lady to experiment with some design stuff, let's see what she can do ;)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

looks like you have competition
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic