Have you lost your job due to Corona Virus? Need a CV?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Have you lost your job due to Corona Virus? Need a CV?

Post by rozzieoz »

This is my latest video on YouTube - not strictly CV related but it kind of is, because it's about taking steps in the direction of your dreams.
I don't often share very personal stories like this on YouTube but I felt that someone needed to hear it, so here it is.

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

With the Australian Elections coming up soon, I can only assume that this is a pre-election video to enhance your chances of being elected in as a member of a Queensland state.
Spoiler:
I'm voting for Rozz
Spoiler:
. Rozz for Prime Minister of Australia
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

There isn't enough money in the world to make me live in Canberra lol.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

My appearance on SABC NEWS The Full View this afternoon.

Callo Hinault
Tourist
Morocco

Post by Callo Hinault »

The last time I posted was 7 September 2021, regarding the CV Roz developed for me. A lot has changed since then. I lost my job in November of 2021, returned back home in the U.S. to help take care of my father for six months, and now I'm reentering the workforce. That's not an easy endeavor at 50, especially when you are attempting a career change from law back into archaeology.

I reviewed the available archaeological expedition vacancies and ranked them, with my number 1 position being applied for singularly.
My plan was to wait a week, then do blanket applications for the other positions. On day five, I got a call and was offered the job; pays extremely well, with a schedule of 8 days on, 6 days off; work from May to October; off from November to late April.

This is life changing. Going from the stressful, non-gratifying continual grind of practicing law, back to my passion, living in the wilderness and exploring archaeological sites, pounding it out for 8 days, then enjoying my family for 6 days off. Working 6 to 7 months, then having 5 to 6 months off to spend with my family, relax, and travel.

Thank you, Roz. Thank you!

Her skills, attention to detail, and professionalism is reflected not only in the product she delivers, but also the results in the job market you will see; without a doubt, her work delivered me here.

She delivered not only a quality CV, not only a job, but a game-changer...a change in one's life, that delivered one back into their passion, and a lifestyle that facilitates the most important aspect of life, the ability to spend time with your family.

So, I'll end this very simply. If you are serious and really want to make a career change or simply get another job -- Get serious about it and retain Roz, she delivers!

Onward,

Leeland
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Callo Hinault wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:04 pm The last time I posted was 7 September 2021, regarding the CV Roz developed for me. A lot has changed since then. I lost my job in November of 2021, returned back home in the U.S. to help take care of my father for six months, and now I'm reentering the workforce. That's not an easy endeavor at 50, especially when you are attempting a career change from law back into archaeology.

I reviewed the available archaeological expedition vacancies and ranked them, with my number 1 position being applied for singularly.
My plan was to wait a week, then do blanket applications for the other positions. On day five, I got a call and was offered the job; pays extremely well, with a schedule of 8 days on, 6 days off; work from May to October; off from November to late April.

This is life changing. Going from the stressful, non-gratifying continual grind of practicing law, back to my passion, living in the wilderness and exploring archaeological sites, pounding it out for 8 days, then enjoying my family for 6 days off. Working 6 to 7 months, then having 5 to 6 months off to spend with my family, relax, and travel.

Thank you, Roz. Thank you!

Her skills, attention to detail, and professionalism is reflected not only in the product she delivers, but also the results in the job market you will see; without a doubt, her work delivered me here.

She delivered not only a quality CV, not only a job, but a game-changer...a change in one's life, that delivered one back into their passion, and a lifestyle that facilitates the most important aspect of life, the ability to spend time with your family.

So, I'll end this very simply. If you are serious and really want to make a career change or simply get another job -- Get serious about it and retain Roz, she delivers!

Onward,

Leeland
Such exciting news, thanks for sharing!
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Hi everyone,
I have a very special offer this week.
If you purchase any CV package at my store, you will receive FREE ENTRY into Job Search Bootcamp, a two-week programme (run through a Facebook group) to prepare you for the interview process.
Bootcamp starts on May 1.

View all the packages at my store - www.resumesetc.com.au/shop
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Job Search Bootcamp starts again on Wednesday.
Purchase ANY CV package this week to join for FREE.

Private Nuts
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Private Nuts »

Is that 15 Dollars per day or for the 2 weeks?.
Also, do you have to be attending in person or could you participate via video link?.
My friend was in prison for 2 years over here, but he used to be able to get good jobs in oil rig work, but now his name is kind of all over Google, so I feel that may have made him given up. I know he wants work in that field again. Would your course be useful for him?. Cheers.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Private Nuts wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:46 am Is that 15 Dollars per day or for the 2 weeks?.
Also, do you have to be attending in person or could you participate via video link?.
My friend was in prison for 2 years over here, but he used to be able to get good jobs in oil rig work, but now his name is kind of all over Google, so I feel that may have made him given up. I know he wants work in that field again. Would your course be useful for him?. Cheers.
Thanks for the question :) It's $15 for the two week course, which is held in a Facebook group, so you can check posts daily, weekly or never, it's entirely up to you.
"Your friend" should probably send me an email, he would need a new CV, not this course.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic