Have you lost your job due to Corona Virus? Need a CV?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Have you lost your job due to Carona Virus? Need a CV?

Post by rozzieoz »

Most of my clients are people wanting to immigrate to Australia, NZ, Canada, UK, UAE and many other countries.

I very rarely have clients from SEA- this is just a very special offer to help, if anyone needs the assistance.

I’m not interested in what other writers charge or provide - I’m not looking for advice on my product offering. Thanks.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Argh admin please fix the typo, so sorry!
Shazza
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Shazza »

I think rossieoz might have had a few to many liquid refreshments when she posted, a little spelling mistake, it does not matter,I knew what she meant 😛keep hydrated everyone, your body needs it
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Spigzy wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:29 pm
rozzieoz wrote:Carona Virus
Corona virus
^ FTFY
rozzieoz wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:55 am I am a qualified journalist and CV writer
Spigzy wrote: I am a qualified grammar Nazi

:hattip:
While you're at it Grammar Nazi, what's with the apostrophe after "years". Also, shouldn't CV have a couple of punctuation marks, such as C.V.?

"I am a qualified journalist and CV writer with ten years' experience"

p.s. this is what a lockdown does to you...
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Have you lost your job due to Corona Virus? Need a CV?

Post by rozzieoz »

Thanks!
monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by monomial »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:49 pm I normally charge quite a bit more, this is a very special offer for this horrible situation.

It may be a special deal for you, but I think it is still way too expensive and taking advantage of people. I paid a Bangaldeshi $10 on Fiverr a while back to do mine. Did a great job in my opinion. $50 for a resume is spendy, but some people might do it. Taking advantage of a serious epidemic to try and sell your services may be morally questionable though.

How about donating your services to those affected? I'm sure we would all congratulate you for that...
Lonestar
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lonestar »

IMO, Fifty bucks is very cheap. Why in the world would it be morally questionable for her to advertise a service at a discounted rate? Is all business and trade to cease until the virus is no longer a concern?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

monomial wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:14 pm morally questionable though.
There's nothing morally questionable about Rozz' services.

However, there is plenty questionable, morally and otherwise, about a guy who describes high school girls as "eye-candy".
monomial wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:13 pm and you get to look at the eye candy hanging out there from ISPP across the street.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

The offer is there if anyone wants my help. It’s not compulsory. :)
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

monomial wrote:I paid a Bangaldeshi $10 on Fiverr a while back to do mine. Did a great job in my opinion.
I would genuinely be professionally interested in the quality and style of a $10 Bangladeshi CV.
Having recruited dozens of staff in my previous life, I have assessed hundreds of CVs.
I would really like to see the turn of phrase a Bangladeshi would use, how they structure the CV, and the impact of the finished article.
Could you perhaps post some of the content (suitably edited to avoid identity) so we can compare a $10 CV to Roz’s $50 offering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic