Myanmar in denial with zero Covid-19 case claim Officials claim recent mysterious deaths are not Covid-19 related

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Myanmar in denial with zero Covid-19 case claim Officials claim recent mysterious deaths are not Covid-19 related

Post by phuketrichard »

saw this on another thread, topic36927-30.html?sid=307dfb7615309f64 ... 20b130bb53
GMJS-CEO wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:48 am I would be shocked if they did not have the virus already in Cambodia months ago. I do wonder if there was some kind of political motivation behind them not finding/reporting it, but perhaps that is me adorning my tinfoil hat.
and rather that go off topic ,,,, :beer3:

citizens are protected by nation's unique diet and lifestyle
A Yangon City Development Committee member takes the temperature of young nuns as a preventive measure against the Covid-19 novel coronavirus at a market in Yangon, March 21, 2020. Photo: AFP/Ye Aung Thu
CHIANG MAI – If Myanmar’s nominal leader Aung San Suu Kyi is to be believed, her country stands out as a global exception without a single reported case of Covid-19.

“Until now no one in our country is infected with Covid-19,” Suu Kyi said in a nationally televised address which to date remains the government’s official position.

Zaw Htay, a government spokesman, said at a March 14 press conference that “Covid-19 is still not present in Myanmar and there have been doubts about that. The government and the Ministry of Health are publishing true news…the lifestyle and diet of Myanmar citizens are beneficial against the coronavirus.”

Authorities have claimed they died from other causes. But if as some suspect they were Covid-19 cases, then it would indicate the disease is spreading far and wide across the country and not as in other regional nations confined largely to major commercial centers.

“It’s not only the government that is in denial, but also many ordinary citizens,” said one Yangon-based resident.
They suggested such rumors aimed to destabilize Suu Kyi’s government and could cause national panic.

https://asiatimes.com/2020/03/myanmar-i ... d7ff190aa4
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Myanmar in denial with zero Covid-19 case claim Officials claim recent mysterious deaths are not Covid-19 related

Post by phuketrichard »

spoke a little to soon;

YANGON: Myanmar confirmed its first cases of of the deadly novel coronavirus late on Monday (Mar 23) after weeks of increasing scepticism over the under-developed Southeast Asian nation's claims to be free of the disease.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/as ... s-12569458
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Myanmar in denial with zero Covid-19 case claim Officials claim recent mysterious deaths are not Covid-19 related

Post by canucklhead »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:30 am spoke a little to soon;

YANGON: Myanmar confirmed its first cases of of the deadly novel coronavirus late on Monday (Mar 23) after weeks of increasing scepticism over the under-developed Southeast Asian nation's claims to be free of the disease.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/as ... s-12569458
I think its due mostly to lack of test kits. Probably the same is true for Cambodia as well.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

COVID-19 Infections Rise to 27 in Myanmar
12/04/20 15:40

YANGON, April 10 (Xinhua) -- Five more confirmed infection cases of the COVID-19 were reported in Myanmar, bringing the total number of infections in the country to 27, a release from the Health and Sports Ministry said on Friday.

A 32-year-old male migrant worker in Yangon tested positive for COVID-19 early on Friday while he was being treated as a patient under investigation. He showed symptoms of being infected after returning from Singapore last month.

So far, Myanmar has reported three deaths from the disease.
http://en.freshnewsasia.com/index.php/e ... 26-34.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic