HELP! visa expired and dont know how to extend

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
IssyCambodia
Tourist
Great Britain

HELP! visa expired and dont know how to extend

Post by IssyCambodia »

Hello fellow expats. I currently live in Kampot with my boyfriend and my EG visa expires on Wednesday. Ive spoke with travel agencies and they all keep telling me i need to leave the country then come back in... then i remind them of the coronavirus and they just tell me that they dont know. Also spoke to immigration officers here and they don't know.

I read online that we must all still follow the visa regulations of the country where you are. I dont particularly want to be charged $10.

I have no idea how i am meant to renew my visa. I'm sure im not the only one in this situation. fingers crossed someone has the answer :)
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: HELP! visa expired and dont know how to extend

Post by frizzie77 »

I really do not have an answer for you, BUT:
IssyCambodia wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:01 pm my EG visa expires on Wednesday.
Ah yes, you're the responsible type Cambodia needs. Crying foul on a visa extension TWO days before expiry.
I'm not sure, but I think there's a reason people do not want to help you.

AND
IssyCambodia wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:01 pm I dont particularly want to be charged $10.
Wait, do I understand this right: 10 dollars is keeping you from doing something? Seriously?
I repeat: I think there's a reason people do not want to help you.

[Admin Edit: Cleaned up a bit, as you've made your point.]
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

Don't be an assh*le. I think she means she doesn't want to be charged $10 a day for overstay. Berating her for the timing of her post here doesn't help anything. Maybe she has been trying to resolve this for weeks but has been unable to.
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

Sweet Lemon wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:31 pm Don't be an assh*le. I think she means she doesn't want to be charged $10 a day for overstay. Berating her for the timing of her post here doesn't help anything. Maybe she has been trying to resolve this for weeks but has been unable to.
I'm sorry, no. Because only a few days ago it was still possible to get to the border and back if needed for a visa extension. For whatever reason, she didn't do that. No mercy.
sousadeyy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by sousadeyy »

Frizzie, your responses are completely unnecessary, just go to bed.

To the op. What about the Laos border crossings? May still be possible, long way and all.
Splashback
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Splashback »

Ring (or head to) PP Immigration tomorrow. They were talking about extending here for people who got stuck. Indonesia are doing it and I'm sure many others are. I would say this is a common occurrence and saw somewhere on FB a guy got it sorted with a travel agent in PP. I'd call first thing tomorrow. They're (in PP) reasonable people in my experience.

Or maybe you can go your nearest border and see if the Cambodian's will just stamp you out and back with a new visa...
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

sousadeyy wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:50 pm Frizzie, your responses are completely unnecessary, just go to bed.

To the op. What about the Laos border crossings? May still be possible, long way and all.
I'm apparently being bashed for telling the truth. Oh well, so be it.
Another truth: land borders between Cambodia and Laos are already closed.

Please inform yourself before giving advice. Oh wait, I'm probably too harsh on this one too...
sousadeyy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by sousadeyy »

Notice the question mark after it. I was just offering a suggestion to look into.

It's a difficult situation for people right now, just be nice.

To the op, good luck hope you can get your visa sorted! I'm sure there are plenty of people in the same boat as you.
sousadeyy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by sousadeyy »

Ps, I just saw this on fb copied from expats in Phnom penh forum.

Hi everyone, I would like to inform some expats who are running out of the Visa that Lao Border is still open, so if anyone needs to make a Visa extension is available now. If you need a taxi to go the and come back in the same day or spend a night there, please contact me on WhatsApp and call +85512778638/070707950. Safest and most reliable driver. Stay safe !
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

sousadeyy wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:19 am Ps, I just saw this on fb copied from expats in Phnom penh forum.

Hi everyone, I would like to inform some expats who are running out of the Visa that Lao Border is still open, so if anyone needs to make a Visa extension is available now. If you need a taxi to go the and come back in the same day or spend a night there, please contact me on WhatsApp and call +85512778638/070707950. Safest and most reliable driver. Stay safe !
Just be wary that the safe and reliable driver may just be looking for a fare...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic