What are teachers doing for work?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

What are teachers doing for work?

Post by Electric Earth »

I was contacted by my (now ex) school and informed that they're getting rid of me(and another teacher) due to financial issues. They said they can no longer afford higher paid expat teachers due to the uncertainty of this whole mess.
I'm looking to keep some income flowing if possible. I read something on one thread about typing essays online for money, but there was zero detail included in what the person was talking about. Does anyone know what that might be? Any other ideas on ways to earn some income while we hope for schools to start back up? I'm already looking into teaching online, but would love some other ideas.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: What are teachers doing for work?

Post by sigmoid »

This site lists all the online teaching companies in one place:

http://www.goodairlanguage.com

Proofreading and editing is another option. Try contacting some small translation companies. Have a look at craigslist or other similar sites.

There's also camshows, but that's mostly for women, as far as I know.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
bobagubi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by bobagubi »

Contracts with 'force majeure' clauses are still binding.
សូមអរគុណសូមជំរាបលា។
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

bobagubi wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:24 pm Contracts with 'force majeure' clauses are still binding.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic