What if your favorite Cambodian booking site for guest houses?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: What if your favorite Cambodian booking site for guest houses?

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

GMJS-CEO wrote: I had a couple experiences booking in person with opposite results. In Kep I wanted to extend our stay and the price from the front desk was much better than online. In Bangkok, also looking to extend and the front desk couldn't give me a price as low as online so I just used my phone to book in the hotel lobby and walked back up to the front desk with the confirm saving $40 per night.
I've had that as well. I suspect it's part of the deal with booking.com. If they find out you cut the price for a walk-in customer, they'll drop you from the site. I'm sure they hire mystery shoppers to keep them on their toes as well. In this day and age (and given their size), it would be a death sentence to any hotel.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: What if your favorite Cambodian booking site for guest houses?

Post by phuketrichard »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:08 pm
GMJS-CEO wrote: I had a couple experiences booking in person with opposite results. In Kep I wanted to extend our stay and the price from the front desk was much better than online. In Bangkok, also looking to extend and the front desk couldn't give me a price as low as online so I just used my phone to book in the hotel lobby and walked back up to the front desk with the confirm saving $40 per night.
I've had that as well. I suspect it's part of the deal with booking.com. If they find out you cut the price for a walk-in customer, they'll drop you from the site. I'm sure they hire mystery shoppers to keep them on their toes as well. In this day and age (and given their size), it would be a death sentence to any hotel.
Exactly, if they find out ur selling the rooms less than what you offer them to sell online, they will drop you.
NO hotel/resort can afford that

a very very few times i have negotiated a lower fare in thailand by speaking with the owners and having them list my reservation as no show.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic