Putting the Boots to a Crazy Dude

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Putting the Boots to a Crazy Dude

Post by WildA »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:39 pm
WildA wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:22 am Right or wrong it is what it is.
God knows, Cambodia needs the Rule of Law more than it needs anything else..
No, they need to move from the status of just being grateful that they have food and no one is killing them to something "better", and rule of law as an American understands it (which is the most advanced rule of law concept in the world) does not matter one whit to them in light of the historical/cultural/religious weltanshauung of the populace.

The flaw of Capitalist Colonialism, is the sudden and fast imposition of western sociopolitical thought incompatible with the populace. Rule of Law is a thing that develops from institutional growth under a particular philosophy over a period of generations, not the point of a gun or a lifetme.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

pczz wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:28 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:41 am Illegal brutal and primitive.
There are a bunch of cheer leaders here for the cops and the street mobs to continue acting like this.
( but who mostly do not utter a peep when it comes to the crimes of the rich and powerful)

Do we want the Rule of Law in Cambodia or not?
Do we value civilisation or not?
You cannot have it both ways.
When you have the rule of law at ahome, and your police stop shooting/beating/ falsely arresting and or deporting innocentpeople then you can come and criticise the Cambodians. The don't have guns, tazers or even batons and bulletproof vests. Some actually try and do their job properly and get killed and injured doing so. they do the best they can with the pathetic training they get and the 5th rate equipment they have, and the ones who do the job have more balls than the wankers in the west armend to the teeth and shooting innocent people
What a crock of shit dude. But hey, Ill play, tell us how many folks in your country were shot or falsely arrested or deported? I know in the USA, that number is miniscule.

Beatings? Back in the old days, the cops gave you a slapping around and sent you home with a lesson and a clean record. Now, they slap you around and give you an arrest record besides. Like, hey, walk up to a NYC cop and pour water on him. In my day, after the sticking, I would have called every cop sir. Ive taken more than one sticking in my life..... I learned.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

"My Chant:
No one likes us, no one likes us,
No one likes us, we don't care,
We are Yankees, fucking Yankees,
Fat rich Yankees, from the States...."

whatever...
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:26 pm "My Chant:

whatever...
Thats what my kid used to say when she was a pre teen.
bong.kuit
Expatriate

Post by bong.kuit »

WildA wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:42 am rule of law as an American understands it (which is the most advanced rule of law concept in the world)
Do you have any proof or source for that statement or is it just a patriotic sentiment?
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

The USA had the dirtiest cops in its history running the FBI. comey..mccabe..struhk..and so on.
Being a beat cop is not easy. I have had 2 very close friends who were cops for over 35 years..Both were the toughest fucking dudes I ever met. One in Kansas USA and one in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Of course you want the police to be honest and follow the rules.
One problem for cops is the courts are corrupt and the scumbags they arrest are back out on the street in a few hours.
The cops in NYC have been forced to take water thrown on them, execution while sitting in their squad cars and now are testing positive for Wuhan chinese virus...What a rotten job.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

"Of course you want the police to be honest and follow the rules."
I agree with that J-5th and nearly everything else you have said above.
A very very tough job. Some of the "people" they have to deal with every day are the worst kind of sewer rats.
They especially get respect from me , and compassion, as the ones who have to tell relatives that their loved ones are dead. Accident scenes, stuff like that.

I have no problems with cops as rule, but i will speak out when some say they should take the law into their own hands.
We all know what happens when the citizenry let any group, especially including cops, get out of hand.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

WildA wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:22 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:26 pm "My Chant:

whatever...
Thats what my kid used to say when she was a pre teen.
lol
When you tried to teach her your chant?
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

WildA wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:48 am
pczz wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:28 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:41 am Illegal brutal and primitive.
There are a bunch of cheer leaders here for the cops and the street mobs to continue acting like this.
( but who mostly do not utter a peep when it comes to the crimes of the rich and powerful)

Do we want the Rule of Law in Cambodia or not?
Do we value civilisation or not?
You cannot have it both ways.
When you have the rule of law at ahome, and your police stop shooting/beating/ falsely arresting and or deporting innocentpeople then you can come and criticise the Cambodians. The don't have guns, tazers or even batons and bulletproof vests. Some actually try and do their job properly and get killed and injured doing so. they do the best they can with the pathetic training they get and the 5th rate equipment they have, and the ones who do the job have more balls than the wankers in the west armend to the teeth and shooting innocent people
What a crock of shit dude. But hey, Ill play, tell us how many folks in your country were shot or falsely arrested or deported? I know in the USA, that number is miniscule.

Beatings? Back in the old days, the cops gave you a slapping around and sent you home with a lesson and a clean record. Now, they slap you around and give you an arrest record besides. Like, hey, walk up to a NYC cop and pour water on him. In my day, after the sticking, I would have called every cop sir. Ive taken more than one sticking in my life..... I learned.
We have ahuge scandal of illegal deportations in the uk at this moment in time. Google windrush and you will find out about it. We have alsohad attempted illegal deportations by the UK border force which is now so rampant that they lose 70% of cases on appeal. We have very few polcie shootings in the Uk as out polcie are not routinely armed but we do have our share of dethsa in custody, whcih do not get the massive publicity such events generate in the USA.
I was not taking aim at the US, which you seem to think, but every western state. many european police forces have a reputation of hitting first and asking questions later. i stand by my statement.
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

bong.kuit wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:37 pm
WildA wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:42 am rule of law as an American understands it (which is the most advanced rule of law concept in the world)
Do you have any proof or source for that statement or is it just a patriotic sentiment?
Sure would you like to clutter up this topic with a lesson We can start with the foundations of American lawso you have a background. Let me know. Im at home waiting for X bar to reopen
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic