Unable to travel due to coronavirus, will run out of prescription

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
showme18
Tourist

Unable to travel due to coronavirus, will run out of prescription

Post by showme18 »

Hello, I normally go to Bangkok for all medical care. I have my subscriptions filled there too.

Now with coronavirus travel limitations, I am unable to return to Bumrungrad and fill my prescription for Ritalin.

I understand after reading previous posts that Ritalin is not available OTC in Cambodia as it's classified negatively by the authorities.

I'm a bit worried about not taking my medication so I want to ask the community - do you know any hospitals or pharmacies that can fill a Ritalin prescription in Siem Reap? Or am I out of luck until I can get back to Bangkok?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Unable to travel due to coronavirus, will run out of prescription

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Probably out of luck.

Look for the nearest American teenager and they will prob have some.
Expat99
Tourist
Netherlands

Post by Expat99 »

Try the pharmacies around O,Russei market , I,m sure they,ll have it
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Expat99 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:11 pm Try the pharmacies around O,Russei market , I,m sure they,ll have it
Surely you mean the pharmacies around/near Olympic market, near Wat Mahawhatsit.
Expat99
Tourist
Netherlands

Post by Expat99 »

No I mean O,Russey market , I found some rare heart medicine there , but the first 3 didn,t have it so don,t give up too fast and wright down what you want
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

showme18 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:22 pm Hello, I normally go to Bangkok for all medical care. I have my subscriptions filled there too.

Now with coronavirus travel limitations, I am unable to return to Bumrungrad and fill my prescription for Ritalin.

I understand after reading previous posts that Ritalin is not available OTC in Cambodia as it's classified negatively by the authorities.

I'm a bit worried about not taking my medication so I want to ask the community - do you know any hospitals or pharmacies that can fill a Ritalin prescription in Siem Reap? Or am I out of luck until I can get back to Bangkok?
why: there is no problem traveling between Cambodia and Thailand( for now)
go asap
as who knows what will happen.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

showme18 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:22 pm Hello, I normally go to Bangkok for all medical care. I have my subscriptions filled there too.

You don’t say what passport you hold but as Phuket Richard says, some nationalities can still enter Cambodia and Thailand no problem.

Alternatively, you could go to a cheap doctor in town to get a prescription.

I also saw recently something called Camboquick advertised here- maybe you could get some sent by Amazon?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

If you have a prescription, then try the hospital pharmacies in Siem Reap or Ucare pharmacy. Or try contacting your doctor in Thailand to see if they have a way to post your medication.
I hope that you haven't left this until the last minute ?
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

I'm in the same boat, luckily, it seems by heart medication is available in a few pharmacies generically in Phnom Penh so I'm going to drive down there.

In case anyone cares, the drug called effient or prasugrel is top of the line with respect to stents. the only hospital in the country that apparently does Stentse is Royal Phnom Penh hospital, and their pharmacy doesn't stock it. 0k then
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
Terry Fishsauce
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Terry Fishsauce »

Whatever drugs you need, don't run your stock too low, supply could be interrupted. This is going to be a really bad patch.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic