Had my SamsungGalaxy S9 stolen in Phnom Penh last night

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
MacSkye
Tourist
Cambodia

Had my SamsungGalaxy S9 stolen in Phnom Penh last night

Post by MacSkye »

They left me my phone case, how nice of them, but took about the $50 cash it in and the newish Samsung Galaxy S9. Guess there I no point reporting it to the police?
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Had my SamsungGalaxy S9 stolen in PP last night

Post by pczz »

MacSkye wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:27 am They left me my phone case, how nice of them, but took about the $50 cash it in and the newish Samsung Galaxy S9. Guess there I no point reporting it to the police?
If you have insurance you wil need a police report. depending on whre it was stolen the police may have access to cctv from neighbouring premises.
Curious to knowhow they had time to remove it from the case and steal the money in the case
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Had my SamsungGalaxy S9 stolen in Phnom Penh last night

Post by Bubble T »

MacSkye wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:27 am They left me my phone case, how nice of them, but took about the $50 cash it in and the newish Samsung Galaxy S9. Guess there I no point reporting it to the police?
If you have Find My Phone enabled then the police can and will get your phone back quickly for you. If you don't have it enabled, count this as a lesson.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Bubble T wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:55 am
If you have Find My Phone enabled then the police can and will get your phone back quickly for you. If you don't have it enabled, count this as a lesson.
Even if not, on a laptop, go to https://maps.google.com and log in using the same email as your Android account. Then go to History, click yesterday's or today's date and maybe you can see where it went.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

It can be worth filing a complaint to the police; but you have to file where the crime took place and they may not speak English.

Not sure if they will do anything but may be worth a try.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic