Gutter language on the forum

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
VaperDude
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Gutter language on the forum

Post by VaperDude »

Sweet Jesus on a fucking stick

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

jaynewcastle wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:22 am
chiltern wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:39 pm Why do so many contributors to this website feel the need to revert to language of the gutter in order to express an opinion. Does Cambodia attract a disproportionate amount of expats suffering from Tourette's syndrome, is there something in the water which provokes this reaction or is it simply a lack of basic vocabulary?
Not quite sure about online forums, but in general life, there is a high correlation between intelligence and the amount of swearing, the less intelligent you are, the more likely you are to swear in everyday conversation.

These people lack a basic vocabulary to speak normally, and don't have the intelligence to understand that most people find such language offensive and inappropriate
I graduated from fucking university. My wife says Choy Mai pretty much every five minutes. Making swearing offensive was the new middle-class Victorians who were snobbish about the language of the working classes in order to distinguish themselves from them, the same way as it is now. It's snobbery, plain and simple. Up until that point swearing was not offensive, prime example being the word 'piss' being printed in the bible. People have been saying 'cunt' for several thousand years, it's one of the oldest.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Making swearing offensive was the new middle-class Victorians
Sure, and if you have ever met any real upper-class types, as in titled aristocracy, they can be as coarse as they fucking like as they don't need to impress anyone.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:41 pm
Sure, and if you have ever met any real upper-class types, as in titled aristocracy, they can be as coarse as they fucking like as they don't need to impress anyone.
Aristocracy does not equal intelligence. They are inherited titles.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

There is no correlation between intelligence and swearing. It's middle class snobbery. It's ironic that someone who barely posts about anything except fucking disadvantaged prostitutes suddenly gets all sententious and offended by a few words.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:05 pm There is no correlation between intelligence and swearing. It's middle class snobbery. It's ironic that someone who barely posts about anything except fucking disadvantaged prostitutes suddenly gets all sententious and offended by a few words.
There is a correlation if swearing comes out all the time, it just proves that person cannot live in harmony with the world, in other words, not intelligent enough to set up their own life. Occasional swearing is fine, don’t make it up that I am offended by it. My point is ladies can be offended, trying not to swear among ladies is good manners but you can call it snobbery if you like. Oh, and “fucking disadvantaged prostitutes“ characterizes you as a woman hater.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

You know well that prostitutes here come from very disadvantaged backgrounds, don't bother trying to twist my words.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:26 pm You know well that prostitutes here come from very disadvantaged backgrounds, don't bother trying to twist my words.
You look down on people. Seen in your language. This is snobbery.

Swearing or not swearing is bad or good manners. Just that.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:41 pm
I recall a documentary years age regarding etiquette courses for balloons who thought there may be a chance of dining at the same table as the aristocracy some day. It was all pretentious bullshit about fish knives and which fork to use and when. In the same show, there was a sound bite from some earl or duke, I forget which, where he said” when you are as rich as we are, do you really think we give a shit which fork we should use” or words to that effect.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

hunter8 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:30 pm
John Bingham wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:26 pm You know well that prostitutes here come from very disadvantaged backgrounds, don't bother trying to twist my words.
You look down on people. Seen in your language. This is snobbery.

Swearing or not swearing is bad or good manners. Just that.
You see women as commodities to be bought and thrown away. That is the very definition of misogyny. You're not fooling anyone with your affectation of "good manners".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic