can I get home?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

can I get home?

Post by Doc67 »

I am in Mexico City on a Grand Tour of South America. It has turned to shit.

I was due to fly to Colombia tomorrow but this afternoon the Colombians shut the door, They changed their policy on Friday (14 days no Europe or Asia) but this afternoon it's nobody from anywhere other than Colombians or official foreign residents, and they also have to go into 14 days quarantine regardless of where they have been.

I am ok in Mex City at the moment but I am concerned that Canada will close it's borders soon and that's my gateway to Manila and PP via Philippines Airlines.

My question is: Can I enter Cambodia now (UK Citizen with a current EB Visa)

I read that UK citizens are banned but nothing clear. Does anyone know what the score is right now? I am thinking of making a dash for Cambodia soon but need some info.

cheers...
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: can I get home?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

UK Citizens are not banned from entering Cambodia...yet. The situation is constantly evolving though.

It is worth noting that Cambodia have been giving 3 days advance notice on entry restrictions.
VaperDude
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by VaperDude »

My passport is in process of getting an extension, hopefully that gets stamped before anything silly happens.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:46 pm UK Citizens are not banned from entering Cambodia...yet. The situation is constantly evolving though.

It is worth noting that Cambodia have been giving 3 days advance notice on entry restrictions.
PSD-Kiwi the 3 days notice is greatly welcomed by many expats whom now have their lives in this country, accommodation, work or businesses, investment, belongings, partners, children and bank accounts and we know the list can go on. But! In many a case the 3 days notice my be insufficient to some people out of the country, depending of their said distance of their travel and arrangements of returning to the home in Cambodia. I think if traveling back from European areas, the travellers may only take a flight from the prior booking to the earliest flight date being 3 days after. It maybe immaterial anyway due to not being allowed to fly out from some countries or flights cancelled.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

VaperDude wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:04 pm My passport is in process of getting an extension, hopefully that gets stamped before anything silly happens.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I was thinking about more or less the same with my own EOS extension of stay, being due very soon. I was hoping that your question was a little more clear to me! Such has you quote - hopefully that gets stamped before anything silly happens. Is that to say if it's stamped we have the right of staying in the country and not having to leave and re-enter, or the deepest feeling that foreign nationalities my be asked to leave, if the later comes ever in to force I hope it is announced soon so that I don't loss my time and monies making the extension.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic