Western Woman Falls Out of TukTuk After Bag Snatching

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Western Woman Falls Out of TukTuk After Bag Snatching

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News: A foreign woman was the target of a bag snatcher while she was taking a tuktuk ride, which caused her to fall from the Tuk Tuk and get injured.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Western Woman Falls Out of TukTuk After Bag Snatching

Post by j57 »

My wife's niece...A Khmer lady was attacked at 1am while riding her moto home from work by 2 punks and her moto was stolen.
Last night....
Phnom Penh is full of thiefs these days preying on the public in general.
onico
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by onico »

What's wrong with the press/police who take pictures of the victim and her entire bag content... I can't wait khmer learn privacy.
It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

UnionPay cards would indicate she is Chinese, not Western no?
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Andy S Tawatin
Expatriate

Post by Andy S Tawatin »

onico wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:39 pm What's wrong with the press/police who take pictures of the victim and her entire bag content... I can't wait khmer learn privacy.
At least they protect the privacy of the Spanish PM and his wife. https://kohsantepheapdaily.com.kh/article/1048877.html

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

onico wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:39 pm What's wrong with the press/police who take pictures of the victim and her entire bag content... I can't wait khmer learn privacy.
Photo of the bag contents means that everything that was in that photo should still be there when the woman recovers. If anything is missing, then it's on photo.It's not ideal of course, but this photo which on public record may be in the interests of the victim. Privacy vs transparency.
My 2c.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

She is clearly not western.
Andy S Tawatin wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:57 pm
At least they protect the privacy of the Spanish PM and his wife. https://kohsantepheapdaily.com.kh/article/1048877.html

that's hilarious!! yes, I hope whoever had the idea of "let's keep the public figures face private" got a raise. joy mi
Still here, in country...
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Spigzy wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:49 pm UnionPay cards would indicate she is Chinese, not Western no?
she looks at least part chinese. maybe a hasip hasip
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

j57 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:03 pm My wife's niece...A Khmer lady was attacked at 1am while riding her moto home from work by 2 punks and her moto was stolen.
Last night....
Phnom Penh is full of thiefs these days preying on the public in general.
Whats wrong with being a punk? Im a punk. Well a punker. Well really a poser.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Hey!, that reminds me
What happened to the usual run of post-saturday night Cambodian Road Dividers V. The Driving Public battle scenes that we used to get here every Sunday evening?
Cheep thrills, cheap shots but harmless enough - not that many deaths
and the magnificent Cambodian Road Dividers are still undefeated
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic