E-Learning / Distant Learning / Schools Must Read

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
TutorinKH
Tourist
United States of America

E-Learning / Distant Learning / Schools Must Read

Post by TutorinKH »

Due to the unfortunate virus that is spreading, all schools received a notice from the Ministry of Education to close. This has left a lot of students whose school does not have an e-learning system, unable to distribute and maintain student progress. We have a solution for you.     

We offer Moodle E-Learning platform for your school. Moodle is the world’s largest open-source E-Learning platform used by companies such as:
• Microsoft, Coca-Cola, United Nations, University of Cambridge, Vodafone and Mazda just to name a few.

Read about some features of Moodle. http://bit.ly/moodle-features

Please note, we can only install and set up Moodle. Unfortunately, because of the abrupt schools closing, we are swamped with work; we cannot program the content. Luckily, Moodle is easy to program. Anyone of your teachers who have used Wordpress or similar can program the content fairly easily.

We can get your Moodle installation up and running within 30 minutes. We provide the installation and hosting, so you simply go to a website and log-in.

Please read about the pricing:

$150 setup fee
$175. /month

Storage space depending on your needs.
10 GB/month $2.40
20 GB/month $4.80
30 GB/month $7.20

Includes 1/GB of transfer a month. Over 1/GB up to 4.9 TB .25c (KHR1000) per GB

Please contact us for any further information

[email protected]
Cambodia Tutor - [email protected] - www.CambodiaTutor.com - 071 446 5011 (SMS, Line, WhatsApp)
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Re: E-Learning / Distant Learning / Schools Must Read

Post by fazur »

bit late to market this, no?

storage is very low and pricey. teacher wants students to watch a movie - 2GB gone

send assignments to 20 kids etc. set up is reasonable, monthly expensive imho and storage overpriced,

i would set up Telegram network, tbh, free, fast storage unlimited, download, install, add by phone number done.
TutorinKH
Tourist
United States of America

Post by TutorinKH »

fazur wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:29 am bit late to market this, no? We are not looking for extra business, in fact, almost daily we are turning away customers (for content creation). I can fully configure a Moodle instance in 9 minutes and have it online, so not really late, just looking to help. A fully managed Moodle instance we normally charge $375 (no content creation)

storage is very low and pricey. teacher wants students to watch a movie - 2GB gone - Videos are not normally hosted on the platform, so storage is irrelevant only transfer. Case study: 250 students, it was a video assignment, each student uploaded a recorded presentation, after compression and delivery via a CDN (content delivery network), we were billed for around 8GB.

send assignments to 20 kids etc. set up is reasonable, monthly expensive imho and storage overpriced, - This is your IMHO, which does not matter, so I guess all is well.

i would set up Telegram network, tbh, free, fast storage unlimited, download, install, add by phone number done. - Try managing 20 kids in a telegram group, tracking progress, individually messaging, getting and giving feedback, collecting metrics, etc. good luck. Even though we are in Cambodia, we only deliver highly professional solutions. What parent(s) would be OKAY having their kid(s) learn over Telegram
Cambodia Tutor - [email protected] - www.CambodiaTutor.com - 071 446 5011 (SMS, Line, WhatsApp)
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

TutorinKH wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:56 am
fazur wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:29 am bit late to market this, no? We are not looking for extra business, in fact, almost daily we are turning away customers (for content creation). I can fully configure a Moodle instance in 9 minutes and have it online, so not really late, just looking to help. A fully managed Moodle instance we normally charge $375 (no content creation)

storage is very low and pricey. teacher wants students to watch a movie - 2GB gone - Videos are not normally hosted on the platform, so storage is irrelevant only transfer. Case study: 250 students, it was a video assignment, each student uploaded a recorded presentation, after compression and delivery via a CDN (content delivery network), we were billed for around 8GB.

send assignments to 20 kids etc. set up is reasonable, monthly expensive imho and storage overpriced, - This is your IMHO, which does not matter, so I guess all is well.

i would set up Telegram network, tbh, free, fast storage unlimited, download, install, add by phone number done. - Try managing 20 kids in a telegram group, tracking progress, individually messaging, getting and giving feedback, collecting metrics, etc. good luck. Even though we are in Cambodia, we only deliver highly professional solutions. What parent(s) would be OKAY having their kid(s) learn over Telegram
are these paid posts, or you're just 'helping the community'?

$150 fee for 9 minute setup?
that's an enviable hourly rate

monstra mihi bona!
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Where is this information about closing ALL Cambodian schools at ?
I have seen one for PP but not all Cambodian schools.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
TutorinKH
Tourist
United States of America

Post by TutorinKH »

My wife paid $100 for (4) boxes of masks a couple of days ago. We decided to lower our prices due to the misfortune of the virus. In addition we pay our staff much higher than they get at a Khmer company. A normal Moodle installation by other companies in the Kingdom start at $1250 and go up considerably.

I kicked myself when I replied to the first comment, because I knew it would continue on. What would you like me to do? Give it away for free? Business is all about opportunity, and we saw this as a great way to bring in more customers. Maybe when this is over, the schools will see the value of having an E-learning system.

Again, we did not gouge prices, we lowered them. We are not just a fly-by-night operation, we are a real incorporated business with employees, we pay taxes and contribute to the economy.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

@TutorinKH

What does this offer that google suite for education or Microsoft o365 for education (which are both free) don’t?
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

TutorinKH wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:56 amWhat parent(s) would be OKAY having their kid(s) learn over Telegram[/b]
can you explain why they would not?

kids have facebook, email etc.

not aware of any negatives of Telegram

in fact the parents of the kids my partner teaches suggested T because you can share movies and stuff, kindergarten
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic