Hostess Bars all quiet?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Demiurgi
Expatriate

Re: Hostess Bars all quiet?

Post by Demiurgi »

Jacket wrote: Is that you Nok?
No, that wasn't him. I just wanted to shake the conversation a bit since I see symptoms of Stockholm syndrome in many forums.

I'm actually not interested in entering the criminal world, there's easier ways to earn living, but sometimes aggravated examples can help. I still want to believe in humanity and that being simple/forgetful/drunk does not give right to be taken advantage of.
NokTang
Expatriate

Post by NokTang »

Kuroneko wrote:
NokTang wrote:
Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote: Tee hee. Nee nur Nee nur Nee nurrrr.
What the heck? Don't get it. Back on topic......are the barangs selling their prized houses of prostitution to unsuspecting other barangs are as has be incorrectly alluded to here, Khmer women buying them from these "sales experts"?
When discussing hostess bars you always seem to be under the assumption that these venues are foreign owned when in fact the majority, as I have stated many times, are owned by Khmer women. The few bars that are "barang" owned however seem to be doing quite well.
No, in fact your kind mention of this "ownership" matter is well noted and documented. Problem remains barang influence on the matter, the matter of prostitution. These concepts of pricing and lady drinks, while lady drinks are well noted in local karaoke bars, it isn't proper for a house of prostitution. I also suspect there is a barang behind some of those you think are Khmer "owned. I do care about the women, don't be misguided by the few attack artist on here. In a true "Khmer" establishment there is no confusion, they all know they are ripping off the barang and there is no future in it. However, it's the barangs who try all this silly marketing as I mentioned to you previously, who try to develop some sort of "teamwork" and act as if the girls are their employees and give us this nonsense for example "when we fine a girl, we meet with her and explain the reason for the fine.." etc. knowing full well it's bullshit to "fine" a girl in the first place but the unsuspecting reader on here will read such a thing as a good thing. The entire concept of paying not to work aka the "fine" for not coming to work can be your basis for any reply denying it's pimping. Cheers mate.
Jacket
Expatriate
Austria

Post by Jacket »

could you just stop with this "house of prostitution" BULLSHIT? It's a bar and it's got prostitutes in it. That's true. But that doesn't mean that it is its sole purpose. this is not pattaya for heaven's sake! not everyone who goes to these bars takes a girl home with them. Most men in fact, just go in there, have some drinks, chat with some babes and fuck off again. Rose Bar, Zanzi bar or establishments like that would be empty after 22:00 on a busy saturday if it was as you're portraying it. Yes, men go to these bars to take girls home as well, but like I said, compare the rates of "people who leave alone" to "people who leave with a girl or two" and you'll find that those places are in fact not whorehouses. have you ever even been in an actuall brothell? men who go there, go there for only one reason. they don't pay the 30€ entrance fee to have a chat and play pool with some scantly clad women. they go there to have sex and that's it. that's an actuall "house of prostitution" as you like to put it. those bars are hostess bars (and there's no reason to put that in inverted commas as you like to do) and that's it.
Bei der Weiterbildung; in der Todeszone.
NokTang
Expatriate

Post by NokTang »

Jacket wrote:could you just stop with this "house of prostitution" BULLSHIT? It's a bar and it's got prostitutes in it. That's true. But that doesn't mean that it is its sole purpose.
The fact that there's a "barfine" makes it a house of prostitution. In addition, courts and juries have made the decision already despite your and pleas of the pimps. Of course it's not the sole purpose, we all know that. However, rest assured it is considered a house of prostitution by the Cambodian and Thai authorities.You failed to address the "fine" aka "cut" of wages earned issue and claims the girls are their "employees".
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

NokTang wrote:
Jacket wrote:could you just stop with this "house of prostitution" BULLSHIT? It's a bar and it's got prostitutes in it. That's true. But that doesn't mean that it is its sole purpose.
The fact that there's a "barfine" makes it a house of prostitution. In addition, courts and juries have made the decision already despite your and pleas of the pimps. Of course it's not the sole purpose, we all know that. However, rest assured it is considered a house of prostitution by the Cambodian and Thai authorities.You failed to address the "fine" aka "cut" of wages earned issue and claims the girls are their "employees".
Nok, you're banned for a day. We've asked you several times to stop continually calling all bar owners pimps and complaining about bar fines. Trust me, WE GET IT ALREADY.

If/when you come back, please cut it out, thx. :hattip:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
neuropathic
Expatriate
Bangladesh

Post by neuropathic »

:beer2: :plus1: :plus1: :beer3: :bow:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

:please:

banned for a day, what are we ?
in kindergarten?
why not just make him go stand in the corner,

Hey, he has his say, as one sided as it is, but he does not attack anyone. ( bar owners do not qualify as a person. no naming names) Allow him to voice his bullshit
one trick pony's have their place
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

phuketrichard wrote:Imagelease:

banned for a day, what are we ?
in kindergarten?
why not just make him go stand in the corner,

Hey, he has his say, as one sided as it is, but he does not attack anyone. ( bar owners do not qualify as a person. no naming names) Allow him to voice his bullshit
one trick pony's have their place
He has been allowed to post the same shit over and over and over. He was warned about being a boring twat but chose to not heed those warnings.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Jacket
Expatriate
Austria

Post by Jacket »

The girls are employees there you fuckwit. They get a fixed salary fo regulary showing up (80$ or so I think) and if they don't come one day, the manager takes a 10$ cut out of their monthly wage. I used to be teaching and if I was sick and couldn't show up to work for a day, that would cost me 50$. Was that school pimping me out? No it fucking wasn't! It wouldn't make sense for the owners of the bars to pay the girls 100% of their months wages if they didn't even come to work the whole time.
also, the girl isn't at the bar to whore herself out. she's there to sell drinks. so if she goes with a client, the bar loses the money of the drinks that she'd sell that evening.
Bei der Weiterbildung; in der Todeszone.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

phuketrichard wrote: one trick pony's have their place
Yes, but their place shouldn't be here.

Don't worry, it can be longer next time if needed.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic