Early morning coffee riverside

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Early morning coffee riverside

Post by pissontheroof »

atst wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:25 am 4:30am there is no such time %)
It’s like a reversed happy hour / 4:20 uhggggg
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

I am a late starter as I leave home about 0530. I have coffee at a street restaurant on 51 just off 110. Been part of morning for years.
Thick hot coffee R1500.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

ExPenhMan wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:49 pm I always liked the coffee at La Dolce Vita on 172, between 13 and 19. So do a lot of Aussies, Yanks and a Canuck or two. Map link below:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/La+ ... 04.9278215
best value coffee in Penh but i do not think Dolce Vita is open between 4 and 6 am
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

pczz wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:34 am
ExPenhMan wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:49 pm I always liked the coffee at La Dolce Vita on 172, between 13 and 19. So do a lot of Aussies, Yanks and a Canuck or two. Map link below:

best value coffee in Penh but i do not think Dolce Vita is open between 4 and 6 am
Oops, didn't see notice his run time. Yeah, you're right, I believe.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

I like the place even if it is on 172 but I highly doubt that it is the best value coffee in PP. Actually had to laugh about that.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

King Keil wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:05 am

I like the place even if it is on 172 but I highly doubt that it is the best value coffee in PP. Actually had to laugh about that.
Goon then. your challenge. Find somewhere else that sells capuccino and latte that you can actually drink for $1.50. Even expensive cofffee in Cambodia is total crap so it will be interesting
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lost50 »

Dolce Vita does a good coffee but so does Kabbas just up the road. Kabbas is probably better.
Anyway absolutely no use to the op, I just wanted to 'spill the beans'.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

pczz wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:41 am Goon then. your challenge. Find somewhere else that sells capuccino and latte that you can actually drink for $1.50. Even expensive cofffee in Cambodia is total crap so it will be interesting
OP
"looking for cheap filter coffee any place nearby, local khmer or viet coffee great, thx"

Give me a real (and cheap) VN black over a 3/4/5 dollar cha cha Cappuccino or la de da Latte any day - especially in Cambodia.

"Even expensive cofffee in Cambodia is total crap"
i would re-phrase that
"Usually expensive coffee in Cambodia is total crap"

but everybody's taste is different
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:02 am
pczz wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:41 am Goon then. your challenge. Find somewhere else that sells capuccino and latte that you can actually drink for $1.50. Even expensive cofffee in Cambodia is total crap so it will be interesting
OP
"looking for cheap filter coffee any place nearby, local khmer or viet coffee great, thx"

Give me a real (and cheap) VN black over a 3/4/5 dollar cha cha Cappuccino or la de da Latte any day - especially in Cambodia.

"Even expensive cofffee in Cambodia is total crap"
i would re-phrase that
"Usually expensive coffee in Cambodia is total crap"

but everybody's taste is different
SWMBO’s uncle made great coffee. Mondulkiri. Small noodle shop on 110.
I’m not normally a coffee drinker, but once I’d sampled his brew I was hooked. 3 glasses of hot coffee. I must have been wired by the time I returned to Europe.
Tragedy- they recently emigrated.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

Duncan wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:21 am
fazur wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:34 pm running every morning between 4:30 and 6:00am riverside area

looking for cheap filter coffee any place nearby, local khmer or viet coffee great, thx

Your drinking your coffee before your run or after it ?
after if I drink before will need a clean toilet during the run

good idea re thermos but i dont like carrying stuff when running
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic