Anyone have issues at MOI with marriage paperwork ?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Anyone have issues at MOI with marriage paperwork ?

Post by newkidontheblock »

When I went it was confusion. Everyone had their own standards. Wanted an official seal on everything. They demanded the original letter of proof of income from the CEO with the corporate seal on it. (Both don’t exist, and hence impossible).

The right fixer smoothes out impossible and conflicting standards.

Maybe there will be a day where everyone is on the same page and fixers won’t be necessary, but I doubt I will ever see it.
andrejsl
Tourist
Slovenia

Post by andrejsl »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:02 pm UPDATED GUIDE (updates courtesy of someone who very recently completed the process successfully).

For anyone interested in legally marrying your Cambodian partner in Cambodia....
Thank you so much for this in depth guide, this is what I've been looking for.
I am from Europe and am planning to marry a Cambodian woman. She is saying her lawyer brother told her it is easy, but it doesn't look easy to me. :shock:
I have been in contact with these guys BNG Legal but I'm pretty sure they are charging a premium for their services. The problem I have now seeing how long this can take is that I can only work remotely from Cambodia for up to a month, by my company policy. And I also can't find a way to get a work permit in Cambodia, which is required by my Company.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

It took me 5 weeklong trips on consecutive months to get all the paperwork done and the final permission to marry paper.

It was worth it for me.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

It’s relatively easy, but enormously frustrating. Mainly because you can have 3 different people listen to your question, interpret it individual ways, and even then their answers are not consistent with the question asked.

I think you already replied on a thread that I started about two years ago. I’ll update my personal experience shortly.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic