a question for connoisseurs

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

a question for connoisseurs

Post by SINUS »

in the suburbs of Phnom Penh, I accidentally stumbled upon a small shop, where a man makes artificially such devices.
dude saws gas cylinders and makes such devices out of them.
and then it colors in blue :)
a question for connoisseurs - what is it and what is it used for? :)

SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: a question for connoisseurs

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Artificial lungs?
This guy is right on the ball

Who gives a flying flock if they work
he's going to sell millions here
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

I give a flying flock. Looks like something I see in Uranium Enrichment Plants. But no way, in Cambodia. Please post more and clearer pic please.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Acetylene gas producer's to make the gas for oxy/ act welding.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

SINUS wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:58 pm in the suburbs of Phnom Penh, I accidentally stumbled upon a small shop, where a man makes artificially such devices.
dude saws gas cylinders and makes such devices out of them.
and then it colors in blue :)
a question for connoisseurs - what is it and what is it used for? :)

Actually I'm surprised you did not know that SINUS. In your travels I'm pretty sure you would have seen these or of similar design. Still used in many countries especially away from city centers where there are no gas bottle deliveries or countries with not so many strict rules and regulations on making the gas.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »

Duncan wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:22 pm Acetylene gas producer's to make the gas for oxy/ act welding.
right answer! all right! :)
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »

Duncan wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:37 pm Actually I'm surprised you did not know that SINUS. In your travels I'm pretty sure you would have seen these or of similar design. Still used in many countries especially away from city centers where there are no gas bottle deliveries or countries with not so many strict rules and regulations on making the gas.
Of course, I know the correct answer and can do metal welding.
My question was addressed to forum users, I wanted to interest them. :)
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Duncan wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:22 pm Acetylene gas producer's to make the gas for oxy/ act welding.
You peaked my interest.

These have the amusing habit of exploding which isn't exactly shocking when you consider that there is a guy sitting about 5 ft away with a naked flame, usually with his eyes closed if he doesn't have a piece of smoked glass, whilst all these flammable gases are pouring our of this thing.

For that reason they are usually on the roof or outside.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Marty wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:12 am
You peaked my interest.

These have the amusing habit of exploding which isn't exactly shocking when you consider that there is a guy sitting about 5 ft away with a naked flame, usually with his eyes closed if he doesn't have a piece of smoked glass, whilst all these flammable gases are pouring our of this thing.

For that reason they are usually on the roof or outside.

Rubbish,, like most inflammables there needs to be a mixture of oxygen or similar for an explosion.

Show me a pic to prove you have seen them on a roof
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Sorry, didnt have a camera at the time. But the aftermath would look like this

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic