New form to keep track of foreigners in Kingdom- Foreigners Present in Cambodia System (FPCS)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: New form to keep track of foreigners in Kingdom- Foreigners Present in Cambodia System (FPCS)

Post by Anchor Moy »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:11 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:07 pm
numacsys wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:52 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:44 pm So, everyone registered now ? It would be interesting to hear what happens, from anyone who did not register in time and who applies for an EOS. Do they give you a second chance ?
:popcorn:
I'd guess yes if they are "sufficiently compensated". I'm sure pressing F1 or F2 on the keyboard will open a backdoor screen.

Or simultaneously pressing CTRL + $
Which one makes you end up in China ?
You maybe there already.
LOL. What if I press 'Escape' ? :o
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: New form to keep track of foreigners in Kingdom- Foreigners Present in Cambodia System (FPCS)

Post by phuketrichard »

beaker wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:11 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:44 pm So, everyone registered now ? It would be interesting to hear what happens, from anyone who did not register in time and who applies for an EOS. Do they give you a second chance ?
I'm in the process of renewing my ER EOS now. Took passports to lucky lucky motors on Wednesday July 1. Took 2 passports because I just received my renewed passport on Tuesday. They called today, Friday, and said they cannot give me a visa because I was not registered. My landlord did register but he only had used my old passport. I explained that She had entered my new passport number. She then entered my old passport and called back to explain that all was good that I was registered and she could process a new visa.
So it sounds like if you are not registered you will not receive an EOS.
as soon as u receive ur new extension i assume you will need to re register with the NEW passport number>

A bit off topic
But thailand has done away with registering a new TM 30 everytime you leave ur primary residency and only need register once when you first arrive
one less hassle here...
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:19 pm
I'm in the process of renewing my ER EOS now. Took passports to lucky lucky motors on Wednesday July 1. Took 2 passports because I just received my renewed passport on Tuesday. They called today, Friday, and said they cannot give me a visa because I was not registered. My landlord did register but he only had used my old passport. I explained that She had entered my new passport number. She then entered my old passport and called back to explain that all was good that I was registered and she could process a new visa.
as soon as u receive ur new extension i assume you will need to re register with the NEW passport number>

A bit off topic
But thailand has done away with registering a new TM 30 everytime you leave ur primary residency and only need register once when you first arrive
one less hassle here...
Yes, that is the plan to re-register with the new passport. I mentioned it on the call and she said she didn't know if I would be allowed to do that. That doesn't make sense to me I will know when I try and will have a whole year to work it out. Possibly instead of changing the old passport number I can just do a new registration with the new passport number.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
ned kelly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ned kelly »

beaker wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:31 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:19 pm

A bit off topic
one less hassle here...
Yes, that is the plan to re-register with the new passport. I mentioned it on the call and she said she didn't know if I would be allowed to do that. That doesn't make sense to me I will know when I try and will have a whole year to work it out. Possibly instead of changing the old passport number I can just do a new registration with the new passport number.
There is a section on the App,where you can update your details,New visa number,visa expiry date etc
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

New IT System Recorded Over 160,000 Foreigners Living in Cambodia
AKP Phnom Penh, July 21, 2020 --

Some 160,000 foreigners living in Cambodia have registered through the information technology system introduced recently by the Ministry of Interior.

The update was shared by H.E. Kiet Chantharith, Director General of Immigration in a meeting to review the work results of the General Department of Immigration at the Ministry of Interior recently.

With the new system, competent Cambodian authorities can track foreigners living in Cambodia to better manage their activities as well as their legitimacy.

However, he underlined that the registration system cannot achieve its accuracy and transparency without complete declaration by owners of locations, buildings and the like where the foreigners are living.

H.E. Kiet Chantharith called on those building and location owners to join hands with the authorities to ensure the effectiveness of the application of the registration system of foreigners living in Cambodia.

COVID-19 outbreak has reduced the number of foreign​ arrivals in Cambodia by three-folds to about 1 million, compared to the first six months of 2019, he added.

By Phal Sophanith
AKP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic