New form to keep track of foreigners in Kingdom- Foreigners Present in Cambodia System (FPCS)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
numacsys
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: New form to keep track of foreigners in Kingdom- Foreigners Present in Cambodia System (FPCS)

Post by numacsys »

Brody wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:27 pm
numacsys wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:18 pm Yes it is. There is a search button within the app. This allows you to check if you are registered or not.
What do you have to type in the search entry to check if you are registered or not?
Just put your passport number.

Download the app. Even if you do not register, you can check by tapping on "search". Just for peace of mind.

You know it works because if you type in a random passport number, it will definitely return a not-registered result.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: New form to keep track of foreigners in Kingdom- Foreigners Present in Cambodia System (FPCS)

Post by AndyKK »

I suppose what is more beneficial is the text message you receive from immigration with your verification code for FPCS
Always "hope" but never "expect".
numacsys
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by numacsys »

I downloaded the app on my iPad. On the app itself, I can check my registration status. My landlord assured me he did the registration but I still wanted to check (for peace of mind) without asking to see the app on his phone which might offend him.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

So, everyone registered now ? It would be interesting to hear what happens, from anyone who did not register in time and who applies for an EOS. Do they give you a second chance ?
:popcorn:
numacsys
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by numacsys »

Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:44 pm So, everyone registered now ? It would be interesting to hear what happens, from anyone who did not register in time and who applies for an EOS. Do they give you a second chance ?
I'd guess yes if they are "sufficiently compensated". I'm sure pressing F1 or F2 on the keyboard will open a backdoor screen.

Or simultaneously pressing CTRL + $
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

All what's needed now is use the app in order too verify your movements and that of your whereabouts at all times, something that may not happen in your own countries due to privacy and so on, but maybe those countries should take the same lookout on there foreign visitors, being that it may prevent some terrorist attacks in some.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

numacsys wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:52 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:44 pm So, everyone registered now ? It would be interesting to hear what happens, from anyone who did not register in time and who applies for an EOS. Do they give you a second chance ?
I'd guess yes if they are "sufficiently compensated". I'm sure pressing F1 or F2 on the keyboard will open a backdoor screen.

Which one makes you end up in China ?
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

I'm in the process of renewing my ER EOS now. Took passports to lucky lucky motors on Wednesday July 1. Took 2 passports because I just received my renewed passport on Tuesday. They called today, Friday, and said they cannot give me a visa because I was not registered. My landlord did register but he only had used my old passport. I explained that She had entered my new passport number. She then entered my old passport and called back to explain that all was good that I was registered and she could process a new visa.
So it sounds like if you are not registered you will not receive an EOS.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:07 pm
numacsys wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:52 pm

Which one makes you end up in China ?
You maybe there already.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

beaker wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:11 pm
I'm in the process of renewing my ER EOS now. Took passports to lucky lucky motors on Wednesday July 1. Took 2 passports because I just received my renewed passport on Tuesday. They called today, Friday, and said they cannot give me a visa because I was not registered. My landlord did register but he only had used my old passport. I explained that She had entered my new passport number. She then entered my old passport and called back to explain that all was good that I was registered and she could process a new visa.
So it sounds like if you are not registered you will not receive an EOS.
No shit! Then the system works.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic