New form to keep track of foreigners in Kingdom- Foreigners Present in Cambodia System (FPCS)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: New form to keep track of foreigners in Kingdom- Foreigners Present in Cambodia System (FPCS)

Post by Soriya »

I have to renew my visa in the next week or 2, i am registered on the app.
I am wondering, will i have to reregister once i get my new visa, or will it auto update my visa details in the app??
As i will then havd a different visa number to what i registered with
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: New form to keep track of foreigners in Kingdom- Foreigners Present in Cambodia System (FPCS)

Post by Bluenose »

I've read back through the posts but cannot find the answer, apologies if I've missed something or am being dumb... Anyway, If I want to go to, say, Kampot for a few days and stay in a hotel, do I have to get my landlord to check me out of my apartment before the hotel can check me in? Or what if I stay with friends?
barang_TK
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by barang_TK »

Soriya wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:39 am I have to renew my visa in the next week or 2, i am registered on the app.
I am wondering, will i have to reregister once i get my new visa, or will it auto update my visa details in the app??
You registered by scanning your passeport infos, not your current visa, so I suppose you won't need to register again.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

You have to enter your visa # when you "check in" - which I assume you have to do to complete the process (register passport, "check-in" to your own home)? So I'd suggest check-in again with the new visa # when you get it.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

barang_TK wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:55 am
Soriya wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:39 am I have to renew my visa in the next week or 2, i am registered on the app.
You registered by scanning your passeport infos, not your current visa, so I suppose you won't need to register again.
No, you had to enter visa details.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

You can edit the details once scanned including the checkout date and visa number.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Soriya wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:07 pm
Quote from the immigration post - Director General of the Immigration Department, held a meeting at the Provincial Police Department to introduce the Foreigner Presence in Cambodia System( FPCS).
My local police station and Sankrat know nothing of the FPCS, so my landlord was under the impression it was a scam, but I kept telling him its been in the papers and so on. Yesterday he got in to touch with immigration and registered me, I talked to him about it eventually asking why this has come about? His answer was I could be a terrorist.
I too explained about I would have too be checked out if I was to go on holiday and check back in on my return. Basically letting him know when and if. I also registered myself, being I don't like people to be in charge of my potential departure from the kingdom because I am unable to receive an ongoing visa.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:30 pm
Soriya wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:07 pm
Quote from the immigration post - Director General of the Immigration Department, held a meeting at the Provincial Police Department to introduce the Foreigner Presence in Cambodia System( FPCS).
My local police station and Sankrat know nothing of the FPCS, so my landlord was under the impression it was a scam, but I kept telling him its been in the papers and so on. Yesterday he got in to touch with immigration and registered me, I talked to him about it eventually asking why this has come about? His answer was I could be a terrorist.
I too explained about I would have too be checked out if I was to go on holiday and check back in on my return. Basically letting him know when and if. I also registered myself, being I don't like people to be in charge of my potential departure from the kingdom because I am unable to receive an ongoing visa.
My landlord registered me and i have done so myself but that still doesnt answer whether i have to reregister with a new visa or if it is autoupdated by immigration
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Soriya wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:20 pm
My landlord registered me and i have done so myself but that still doesnt answer whether i have to reregister with a new visa or if it is autoupdated by immigration
I got a letter from my Borey that had some contact numbers for the GDI in it.

This is the one listed for question in English: 090 336 335

Maybe call this number and ask them?
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

i need to go pick up my new visa/passport. whoever finds out first- let's list it here.
Still here, in country...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic