Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Information on Coronavirus in Cambodia from 8 March 2020 (Latest Updates)

Post by Arget »

Friend from Lao (via Korea) had a passenger test positive so had to do the 14 day diet at hotel here in pp. (15/11)
Chinese in hotel left to play golf, walked the corridors, had parties and left early.

What a waste of time.........
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Arget wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:27 am Friend from Lao (via Korea) had a passenger test positive so had to do the 14 day diet at hotel here in pp. (15/11)
Chinese in hotel left to play golf, walked the corridors, had parties and left early.

What a waste of time.........
If they are in a Chinese run hotel, such as the Tian Yi, a well known quarantine hotel, not all guests are in quarantine. I was in there for 2 days and we were all on one floor. There were other Chinese there I saw going into the restaurant which I was not allowed into as they knew I was there for quarantine. Room service only for me.

Quite why anyone would want to stay there knowing there were such people in residence is anyone's guess, maybe they didn't tell them!
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Doc67 wrote: If they are in a Chinese run hotel, such as the Tian Yi, a well known quarantine hotel, not all guests are in quarantine. I was in there for 2 days and we were all on one floor. There were other Chinese there I saw going into the restaurant which I was not allowed into as they knew I was there for quarantine. Room service only for me.

Quite why anyone would want to stay there knowing there were such people in residence is anyone's guess, maybe they didn't tell them!
Tian Yi doesn’t show up on any bookable hotel on websites that I know of. Maybe it only exists for quarantine?

PRC Chinese do not do things unless forced to. I wouldn’t be surprised if those going into the restaurant are also under quarantine as well. In their eyes, rules are meant for others to follow.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Kammekor wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:23 am just spent all this money to escape to Cambodia and the cunting covid is following me there fml
My guess is the cunting covid has been waiting for you, silently, instead of following you.

Phnom Penh is lovely today, so quiet...
Haha yes you could be right Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

atst wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:23 am just spent all this money to escape to Cambodia and the cunting covid is following me there fml
Have you escaped the 14 days quarantine?
No, im flying over this week Image

:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:22 pm
atst wrote:

You managed to get a visa?
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:22 pm
atst wrote:

You might just be in time for a proper lockdown. They closed the Cambodiana gym and pool again as from tomorrow. If many of these thousands of tests they are doing start coming back positive there could be mass closures coming out way.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:27 pm
Doc67 wrote: If they are in a Chinese run hotel, such as the Tian Yi, a well known quarantine hotel, not all guests are in quarantine. I was in there for 2 days and we were all on one floor. There were other Chinese there I saw going into the restaurant which I was not allowed into as they knew I was there for quarantine. Room service only for me.

Tian Yi doesn’t show up on any bookable hotel on websites that I know of. Maybe it only exists for quarantine?

PRC Chinese do not do things unless forced to. I wouldn’t be surprised if those going into the restaurant are also under quarantine as well. In their eyes, rules are meant for others to follow.
It may well do now, but in early July it was still operating with other guests. Maybe the word is out and nobody else will go there. I know that the Socha hotel is also blocked off, maybe the quarantine game is highly lucrative.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:27 pm

Bit off topic but seems an odd assertion given they come from an autocratic state where they are treated like sheep...you mean they need to see armed guards and surveillance cameras before they oblige? :?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

clutchcargo wrote:Bit off topic but seems an odd assertion given they come from an autocratic state where they are treated like sheep...you mean they need to see armed guards and surveillance cameras before they oblige? :?
Wandering off the official path on the internet brings up a screen of a police officer with the message we are watching you. Home internet requires police registration. They obey because it is autocratic and treated like sheep. Otherwise it would be like Taiwan. Democracy = Chaos.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic