Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Information on Coronavirus in Cambodia from 8 March 2020 (Latest Updates)

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

just spent all this money to escape to Cambodia and the cunting covid is following me there fml
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:23 am just spent all this money to escape to Cambodia and the cunting covid is following me there fml
My guess is the cunting covid has been waiting for you, silently, instead of following you.

Phnom Penh is lovely today, so quiet...
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:23 am just spent all this money to escape to Cambodia and the cunting covid is following me there fml
Have you escaped the 14 days quarantine?
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:08 pm at least it will be quiet for 2 weeks there

PM HE: Wedding ceremony in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap are not allowed for 15 days to prevent the spread of #COVID19. And grade 12 classes for the national exams also postponed.

Any meeting & gathering more than 20 participants also are not allowed in these two municipality & province.

All foreign and Cambodian passengers arriving in the Kingdom are no longer allowed to conduct self-quarantine at home.
He said in the past for any airplane which carried COVID-19 infected passengers, those who flew with them were allowed to have quarantine at their home for 14 days.

“But now they are no longer allowed to do so. Whether they are infected with COVID-19 on the plane or not, it is absolutely necessary for them to conduct a 14-day quarantine at the state-run centres. So we must be even more careful,” Bun Heng said.
As far as I remember, if anyone on a plane was positive, everyone was hotel isolated, no home quarantine was permitted (plus a battery health screening and testing.)

As from November 18, all general passengers (Cambodian and foreign) are hotel\State quarantined regardless of infection on the plane or not.

The only way to avoid full 14 day hotel isolation is to be sponsored, then you can elect home quarantine. This is clearly the loophole through which the well connected can easily pass.

Are they now closing this loophole and enforcing full 14 day, hotel\state facility based quarantine, regardless of immigration status - no exceptions?
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:50 am
phuketrichard wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:08 pm at least it will be quiet for 2 weeks there

PM HE: Wedding ceremony in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap are not allowed for 15 days to prevent the spread of #COVID19. And grade 12 classes for the national exams also postponed.

Any meeting & gathering more than 20 participants also are not allowed in these two municipality & province.

All foreign and Cambodian passengers arriving in the Kingdom are no longer allowed to conduct self-quarantine at home.
He said in the past for any airplane which carried COVID-19 infected passengers, those who flew with them were allowed to have quarantine at their home for 14 days.

“But now they are no longer allowed to do so. Whether they are infected with COVID-19 on the plane or not, it is absolutely necessary for them to conduct a 14-day quarantine at the state-run centres. So we must be even more careful,” Bun Heng said.
As far as I remember, if anyone on a plane was positive, everyone was hotel isolated, no home quarantine was permitted (plus a battery health screening and testing.)

As from November 18, all general passengers (Cambodian and foreign) are hotel\State quarantined regardless of infection on the plane or not.

The only way to avoid full 14 day hotel isolation is to be sponsored, then you can elect home quarantine. This is clearly the loophole through which the well connected can easily pass.

Are they now closing this loophole and enforcing full 14 day, hotel\state facility based quarantine, regardless of immigration status - no exceptions?
In theory, yes. In practice has yet to be confirmed.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Police in Psar Kandal today with a loudhailer, "Do you want to close Phnom Penh or do you want to wear a mask?".
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:50 am
phuketrichard wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:08 pm

Hahaha thanks for the laugh this morning Doc
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

armchairlawyer wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:04 am Police in Psar Kandal today with a loudhailer, "Do you want to close Phnom Penh or do you want to wear a mask?".
Is wearing a mask compulsory here?

I see about 5-10% at most wearing one on the street, more in commercial places and most drivers in a grab car.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:16 am
armchairlawyer wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:04 am Police in Psar Kandal today with a loudhailer, "Do you want to close Phnom Penh or do you want to wear a mask?".

I see about 5-10% at most wearing one on the street, more in commercial places and most drivers in a grab car.
That's a nice way to tell people to volunteerly do the right thing.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

atst wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:20 am
Doc67 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:16 am

That's a nice way to tell people to volunteerly do the right thing.
Maybe certain people should lead by example rather than getting the police to shout at local market traders and shoppers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic