Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates April 2021)

Post by Kammekor »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:43 pm PP Administrative measures extended, I haven't read it to see whether it includes alcohol sales still though...

I didn't read all, just the first part and it translates at 'a continuation of the administrative measures for another 14 days until until October 28th'.

Keep an eye on you tea / coffee cup if you fancy a beer outside of your house.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates April 2021)

Post by Doc67 »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:47 pm
Doc67 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:12 pm
Gazzy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:19 pm Is safe to have an AstraZeneca booster after being double jabbed with Sinovac?
Definitely 100%

I've had it and had a constant hard-on, 50% penis growth and started to look like George Clooney.

Trust me....I'm a doctor*

*This is not medical advice
^ Do we get a refund if this doesn't work ? ie.If we get -50% penis growth and start to look like Boris Johnson instead of George Clooney ?

Silliness aside, get jabbed with the best offers available. All evidence proves (so far) that any jab is better than no jab to protect you from Covid.
That said, I think you need to wait a certain time after the second vaccination before having a third booster shot.
Well, 'Big Boy', rumour has it that the if both of your alternatives events occur, you'll still be better off. :D
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:33 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:47 pm
Doc67 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:12 pm
Gazzy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:19 pm Is safe to have an AstraZeneca booster after being double jabbed with Sinovac?
Definitely 100%

I've had it and had a constant hard-on, 50% penis growth and started to look like George Clooney.

Trust me....I'm a doctor*

*This is not medical advice
^ Do we get a refund if this doesn't work ? ie.If we get -50% penis growth and start to look like Boris Johnson instead of George Clooney ?

Silliness aside, get jabbed with the best offers available. All evidence proves (so far) that any jab is better than no jab to protect you from Covid.
That said, I think you need to wait a certain time after the second vaccination before having a third booster shot.
Well, 'Big Boy', rumour has it that the if both of your alternatives events occur, you'll still be better off. :D
Thanks doc. It's probably true that Boris has better (and bigger) tits than me, but I can live with that.
:OD:
I also heard that a fourth shot of the US vaccine can turn you into Jennifer Lopez. Is their any truth to this rumor ?
A friend wants to know. :Search:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Daun Penh rounding up homeless, addicts to stop Covid spread
Nov Sivutha | Publication date 14 October 2021 | 21:13 ICT

The capital’s Daun Penh district administration has ordered its 11 communes to round up all homeless people and drug users to test them for Covid-19 to prevent the spread of the disease.

Sam Sarith, the second deputy chief of Phsar Kandal I commune, told The Post on October 14 that the district had a lot of homeless people and drug addicts, prompting governor Sok Penh Vuth to make the move.

Phsar Kandal I commune authorities started rounding people up on October 14, while in other communes the process have been happening gradually.

He said the commune also had many homeless people and drug addicts, especially along the river. The reason the governor ordered the roundup, he said, was because authorities were concerned about security at night and Covid-19 transmission.

“At first, we were afraid of being infected with Covid-19 and were also worried that they would fight back. It is difficult. So, the district authorities cooperate on this work,” he added.

Duong Davan, the first deputy chief of Phsar Thmei 3 commune, said she accompanied the district governor in rounding up 13 homeless people on October 13 and will continue the work.

“We are rounding up them up in order to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and we do not want them staying in front of people’s houses to make them afraid [of transmission]. We do this regularly because there are complaints from residents,” she said.

District governor Penh Vuth could not be reached for comment on October 13.

The Kampuchea Thmey newspaper on October 13 reported that in order to remove the homeless, especially drug addicts, from Daun Penh district, Penh Vuth ordered the 11 communes to round them up, resulting in 35 people being detained. Medical workers tested them for Covid-19, with one testing positive.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... vid-spread
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Wouldn't it be better to round up the homeless and give them 1 jab of J&J
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:44 am "... resulting in 35 people being detained. Medical workers tested them for Covid-19, with one testing positive..."
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but 35 homeless people in 11 communes seems too low. They need to raid the bridges, abandoned construction plots, amongst others quietly at night. Sounds like they are simply trying to clean up the river's image for the tourism push that's brewing. Out of sight, out of mind.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

ofparadise wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:05 am
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:44 am "... resulting in 35 people being detained. Medical workers tested them for Covid-19, with one testing positive..."
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but 35 homeless people in 11 communes seems too low. They need to raid the bridges, abandoned construction plots, amongst others quietly at night. Sounds like they are simply trying to clean up the river's image for the tourism push that's brewing. Out of sight, out of mind.
I think your right which makes my idea above a bit to optimistic that the people in change actually cared about them. :stir:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Going back one month and here's the story at that time.
There's something I always find (or rather not) and I don't think I am my own! Numbers or figures are mostly not there to find an answer, such has the actual homeless number of people on the streets of Phnom Penh.
Quote - He said that to date about 90 per cent of the more than 1,000 homeless people in Phnom Penh have been vaccinated against Covid-19.
So how many homeless people, due to a few years back the estimated number was approximately 20,000.

Ministry and UN Cambodia talk increases to safety net

The UN in Cambodia and the social welfare department under the Ministry of Social Affairs, Veterans and Youth Rehabilitation’s Directorate-General of Technical Affairs are working together to strengthen social protections and social assistance programmes, with particular attention being paid to the homeless population in Phnom Penh.

Social welfare director Chhour Sopanha said his department held an online consultative meeting with the working group of development partners of the UN in Cambodia on issues concerning women working in the entertainment sector and homeless people living on the streets in the capital during the pandemic period.

He said the two sides had discussed opportunities for cooperation and also touched on the topic of transferring homeless people from quarantine sites to rehabilitation centres and providing them with Covid-19 vaccinations. They also discussed support for women working in the entertainment sector such as bars, nightclubs and KTVs.

He said that to date about 90 per cent of the more than 1,000 homeless people in Phnom Penh have been vaccinated against Covid-19. They have also received some benefits from the cash handout programme for the poor.

According to Sopanha, authorities had collected homeless women from some target locations such as the Wat Phnom area in Daun Penh district and brought them to rehabilitation centres. The department’s working group then sent them back to their families after completing the programme.

“If the women had families, we sent them back to their families. If they needed counselling or help navigating the poverty assistance system, we helped them contact the authorities to apply for an equity card,” he said.

“After applying for an equity card, the authorities will interview them immediately if they are truly poor people. After a maximum of 15 days, they will receive the card to receive cash assistance,” he said.

Mom Chandany, director of the Municipal Department of Social Affairs, Veterans and Youth Rehabilitation, declined to comment on September 14.

https://m.phnompenhpost.com/national/mi ... safety-net
Always "hope" but never "expect".
KunKhmerSR
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by KunKhmerSR »

I've seen a few comments on FB saying that gyms in PP are set to open officially today but haven't seen anything official confirming it. Any know more about this?
Rama
Expatriate

Post by Rama »

The last extension to Phnom Penh's 15 day measures didn't include gyms as it did in all the previous announcements. Therefore all the gyms are reopening based upon that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic