Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Re: Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates April 2021)

Post by truffledog »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:48 pm China’s Donation of 2 Million Doses of Sinovac Vaccine Arrive in Cambodia
AKP Phnom Penh, October 14, 2021 --

The Kingdom has currently been conducting four COVID-19 vaccination campaigns: for the 18 years old and up which has achieved 99.32 percent, the 12 to under 18 years old 90.07 percent, the 6 to under 12 years old 97.08 percent, and the 3rd dose or booster dose for already 1,148,427 people.

Cambodia has so far vaccinated about 84.66 percent of the total population of 16 million.
- AKP
Time to lift quarantine requirements and let me in without spending 2K for 2 weeks instead of 2 months.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates April 2021)

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Chuck Borris wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:34 pm

I am with Doc67 here. No news probably means silent lift of the ban. Could be wild out tonight... :whip:

Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Is safe to have an AstraZeneca booster after being double jabbed with Sinovac?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Gazzy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:19 pm Is safe to have an AstraZeneca booster after being double jabbed with Sinovac?
There's a discussion around that on another topic starting here: post516412.html#p516412 Read on from that.

Long story short there seems to be scant data on results albeit some countries are doing it. Stocks of AZ may be running low tho.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Gazzy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:19 pm Is safe to have an AstraZeneca booster after being double jabbed with Sinovac?
Definitely 100%

I've had it and had a constant hard-on, 50% penis growth and started to look like George Clooney.

Trust me....I'm a doctor*

*This is not medical advice
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:12 pm
Definitely 100%

I've had it and had a constant hard-on, 50% penis growth and started to look like George Clooney.

Trust me....I'm a doctor*

*This is not medical advice
^ Do we get a refund if this doesn't work ? ie.If we get -50% penis growth and start to look like Boris Johnson instead of George Clooney ?

Silliness aside, get jabbed with the best offers available. All evidence proves (so far) that any jab is better than no jab to protect you from Covid.
That said, I think you need to wait a certain time after the second vaccination before having a third booster shot.
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ego bibere nimis »

Yes its safe. Until the recommendations change based on results of long term studies like this on aspirin:

A US government expert panel on October 12 said it no longer recommends a daily dose of aspirin to reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke in people aged 60 and over.

People aged 40-59 who are at a higher risk of developing cardiovascular disease but have no history of it, should consult with their doctor and make an individual decision on whether to start taking the medicine.

The statement was a major reversal in the US medical field, where taking aspirin daily is a widespread practice. The medication thins blood, helping prevent blood clots and reduce the risk of heart attack or stroke.

Since 2016, the Preventive Services Task Force, a US government medical expert panel, has recommended a daily dose of aspirin for people in their 50s who have a 10 per cent or greater risk of having a heart attack or stroke in the next 10 years.

On October 12, experts said that aspirin’s benefits were not enough to offset the increased risk of bleeding, especially in the brain or intestines, in older people. (source Bangkok Post).
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

PP Administrative measures extended, I haven't read it to see whether it includes alcohol sales still though...

orussey98
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by orussey98 »

Another kind of booster

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Silliness aside...
Back to silliness :mrgreen:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic