Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates April 2021)

Post by ofparadise »

Sorry if this has been asked before... is it safe and legal (lockdown) to go out at night now in pp? It's 10:30 pm, and I've not been out for months at this time of the night, so am feeling a bit nervous. Feel like heading down to the riverside for a drink.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates April 2021)

Post by Anchor Moy »

ofparadise wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:29 pm Sorry if this has been asked before... is it safe and legal (lockdown) to go out at night now in pp? It's 10:30 pm, and I've not been out for months at this time of the night, so am feeling a bit nervous. Feel like heading down to the riverside for a drink.
So, how was it ? :popcorn:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

China's Wang Yi offers aid and vaccines to ally Cambodia
By Prak Chan Thul
PHNOM PENH, Sept 12 (Reuters) - Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Sunday pledged $270 million in aid and three million more COVID-19 vaccine doses to Cambodia, one of Beijing's closest allies in Southeast Asia, officials said.

State Councillor Wang flew in from Vietnam on a week-long tour that will also take in Singapore and South Korea, two weeks after U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris visited the region. read more

Pa Chanroeun, an analyst at the Cambodian Institute for Democracy think tank, said China was keen to build on its relations with Cambodia, which will chair the 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) next year.
https://www.reuters.com/world/china/chi ... 2/?rpc=401&
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:16 am
ofparadise wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:29 pm Sorry if this has been asked before... is it safe and legal (lockdown) to go out at night now in pp? It's 10:30 pm, and I've not been out for months at this time of the night, so am feeling a bit nervous. Feel like heading down to the riverside for a drink.
Stayed home... so much for that plan... cracked open a whiskey and have been on a netflix binge.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

ofparadise wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:30 am
Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:16 am
Stayed home... so much for that plan... cracked open a whiskey and have been on a netflix binge.
Probably the safest thing to do, wondering around riverside late at night is asking for trouble.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

China to Provide 3 Million More Doses of COVID-19 Vaccines to Cambodia
AKP Phnom Penh, September 12, 2021 --

China will donate three million more doses of COVID-19 vaccines to Cambodia, Prime Minister Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo HE told reporters after the signing ceremony of six key documents here at the Peace Palace this evening.

The three million doses will be used as booster doses, underlined Samdech Techo HE.

According to the Premier, for the 3rd dose or booster dose, Cambodia has already received 2 million doses, and 3 million more will arrive soon as well as the 3 million doses to be donated by China. Therefore, Cambodia only needs to buy 3 more million doses for the 3rd doses of 12 million people.

Cambodia has currently some 29.6 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines from purchases and donations: 7.8 million doses of Sinopharm, 19 million doses of Sinovac, 1,739,000 doses of AstraZeneca, and 1,064,600 doses of Johnson & Johnson.

As of Sept. 11, for the target of 10 million adults, 9,723,224 people have obtained their first jab, or 97.23 percent, among them 8,579,576 have been fully vaccinated.

For the children-youth aged 12 to under 18 years old, 1,706,611 or 86.77 percent of the nearly two-million target have received their first dose, while 864,351 already got the second dose.

Besides, 756,837 booster doses have been administered to frontline officials, senior officials, civil servants, local officials, and people aged 60 years and older as well as officials of UN agencies, foreign embassies and national and international organisations in Cambodia.

If we add all the figures, Cambodia has so far vaccinated about 71.44 percent of the total population of 16 million. - AKP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodia blames border virus spread on Thai truckers
published : 13 Sep 2021 at 11:58

Cambodian authorities suspect truck drivers delivering goods from Thailand have spread Covid-19 to the border province of Battambang.

Sok Sokhun, chief of the district, said cross-border truckers could be the reason for the spread of the coronavirus in the province. It was possible they showed no symptoms during border testing or lowered their guard after they arrived in Cambodia.

“The influx of positive Covid-19 cases is among vendors and the affected market is located close to the Duong international checkpoint. We believe the high number of vendors testing positive for Covid-19 is because of truck drivers, who number up to 600 a day,” the Khmer Times on Monday quoted him as saying.

“This checkpoint has no migrant workers crossing over, only truck drivers who deliver goods between Cambodia and Thailand,” he added.

The Doung border pass is opposite the Ban Laem checkpoint in Pong Nam Ron district of Chanthaburi. About 600 lorries cross the border every day, carrying essential goods into Cambodia, according to the Cambodian district official.

His suspicions are backed up by the spread of the virus at Kamrieng, a Cambodian market on the Thai-Cambodian border where lorries stop for goods delivery.

Cambodian authorities closed the market for one day on Wednesday to contain the surge.

Testing has been carried out on 700 vendors at the market and more than 250 returned positive since Wednesday, according to Sok Sokhun.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2181023/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

[/quote]
Probably the safest thing to do, wondering around riverside late at night is asking for trouble.
[/quote]

When isn't that true. LOL.

But still...What was the poster who asked the question worried about? If vaccinated not too much worry for corona. I don't think scops will haul in the customers. Or maybe I'm wrong. If so things have really changed from earlier in the pandemic.

I know they raided that gay bar a week or so ago. But I think they were really packed with customers and flaunting the rules.

I'm not trying to stir things up. Just asking.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Your favorite beverage will be served from the tea cups...just use common sense at the night, nothing to fear.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Uncle-V wrote:I'm not trying to stir things up. Just asking.
I am stirring things up.

Some lady named Nisa on FB was thanking Iron Man for the generous 2 week quarantine policy of Khmer citizens returning from abroad.

According to her, they get a nice hotel room with either 2 beds or a large one, a variety of multi course meals (choose from a daily list), hot showers, aircon, etc., all paid by the government, aka free. She also posted photos to show how nice it is.

And then added for all Khmer not to believe the rumors of being quarantined in a school with just a place to sleep for 2 weeks. All lies spread by Khmer who don’t love their country, according to her.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic