Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates April 2021)

Post by Doc67 »

Everyone in Phnom Penh has been vaccinated as far as possible. Now they target one sector again for 2 weeks, at least.

Why?

The vaccine doesn't stop infections, everyone knows that now, so the open/shut/open/shut game doesn't do anything but delay the inevitable and crush the business'. They must know this by now, they can't be that stupid.

So why go through all this again for a possible reduction in a bunch of woefully inaccurate daily numbers?
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates April 2021)

Post by Arget »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:39 am
. They must know this by now, they can't be that stupid.

HA HA HA HA HA HA oh you are so funny
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Arget wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:58 am
Doc67 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:39 am
. They must know this by now, they can't be that stupid.

HA HA HA HA HA HA oh you are so funny
Maybe I'm the stupid one for thinking they are not.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Unless I missed something, the lockdowns are for the provinces bordering Thailand.
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Post by BillDoe »

canucklhead wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:45 am Unless I missed something, the lockdowns are for the provinces bordering Thailand.
They're for all Cities and provencal capitals
FrankReynolds
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by FrankReynolds »

canucklhead wrote:Unless I missed something, the lockdowns are for the provinces bordering Thailand.
If I'm not mistaken :

'Lockdowns' (no crossing of provincial borders) for 8 provinces near Thailand.

All cities and provincial capitals will have curfew 9pm to 3am.

All restaurants nationwide banned from dine in.

Booze ban? Not mentioned, or was it?

canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

BillDoe wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:01 am
canucklhead wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:45 am Unless I missed something, the lockdowns are for the provinces bordering Thailand.
They're for all Cities and provencal capitals
Got it. I guess curfew and no dining in all cities.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

FrankReynolds wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:06 am
canucklhead wrote:Unless I missed something, the lockdowns are for the provinces bordering Thailand.
If I'm not mistaken :

'Lockdowns' (no crossing of provincial borders) for 8 provinces near Thailand.

All cities and provincial capitals will have curfew 9pm to 3am.

All restaurants nationwide banned from dine in.

Booze ban? Not mentioned, or was it?
Ban on gatherings with any alcohol, not on alcohol itself. But that might all change.
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:05 am
The affected provinces that are ‘blocked’ are: Koh Kong, Pursat, Battambang, Pailin, Banteay Meanchey, Oddar Meanchey, Preah Vihear and Siem Reap provinces.

Travel from the affected provinces will be prohibited and Provincial Governors will have the ability to enforce curfews as well as Red, Orange and Yellow Zones .

does this also mean no cross provincial traveling at all or only from these areas?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At least this morning my wife's sister went from Pailin to Siem Reap.
Little_Vicious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Little_Vicious »

I feel ashamed of myself for using the KT, but here is a link to the full list of restrictions that they've posted. They've not mentioned an explicit ban on booze (though there is an odd reference to banning businesses described as "alcohol shops and drinking"), and there does seem to be a loophole for some eateries/establishments that follow guidelines (however this is quite vague). Stay safe and stock up. Link below.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50903985/f ... t-tonight/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic