Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates April 2021)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

2 mins ago - BREAKING NEWS
Another 1 million doses set to arrive in Cambodia
Another 1 million doses of vaccine are set to arrive in Cambodia on the morning of June 26.

According to the Secretary of State for the Ministry of Health, Youk Sambath, the 1 million doses will be flown in from China on June 26.

With cases rising daily, the vaccination to achieve herd immunity is extremely important. This delivery is a step closer to the goal of 10 million people vaccinated. With 3,517,943 vaccinated people, the delivery is conducive to the final vaccination target of the country.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50879771/a ... -cambodia/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates April 2021)

COVID-19 Vaccination of Workers in SSEZ Starts
AKP Phnom Penh, June 24, 2021 --
The vaccination campaign of workers in the Sihanoukville Special Economy Zone (SSEZ) kicked off yesterday, not only to protect them from COVID-19 pandemic, but also to keep the production chains of factories in the zone.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

An article I just read states the following
Phnom Penh is 90% 2nd dose vaxxed, highest rate for a city in the world
First dose administration is complete in PP
We will shortly see efficacy in real world for Sinovac
I am unable to post a link, but expect this to be picked up by local media shortly.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

How are you unable to post a link?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

We will see if the vaccine works on me now as a friend who had been in Kep alone on a farm for months left at the weekend and stopped off overnight at Kampot , visited with friends then came to PP. I had dinner with him on Monday night and coffee on Tuesday before he went for his 72 hour test to fly out Wednesday.
Unfortunatly he tested positive and has been quaranteened in his guesthouse. I have contacted my docter and told to self isolate and get checked if I have any symptoms. I have not been out since I had coffee Tuesday morning.
I have been vaccinated with the Astra zenica vaccine , second jab on 04/06/21 so my two weeks are over.
I am not looking to be a guinea pig but I guess it has been thrust upon me.

I bear my friend no ill will as he had no idea he had it.

If anything develops I will report back.

PS all good so far and have 10.5 days to go.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

nemo wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:04 am An article I just read states the following
I am unable to post a link, but expect this to be picked up by local media shortly.
I don't want to spoil the party but even with 90% vaxxed I notice ambulances with drivers in full protective gear several times a day in Phnom Penh.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

nemo wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:04 am An article I just read states the following
That doesn't really surprise me, but reading 90% is still good to see. Everyone I know has had at least one shot. I know lots of people this week who had their second shot, and Daun Penh was very late in the process.

The provinces are another story.
reflexline
Expatriate

Post by reflexline »

I know a number of locals who have not yet been vaccinated as they lack documentation. Does anyone know if they can get the jab without ID? (their Sangkats are in another province).
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

How are you unable to post a link?
Seems to be a technical issue
This guy seems to have a lot of verifiable dta
https://www.facebook.com/davebenaim
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

From the AKP:

Moody’s says Cambodia ahead of Most ASEAN Countries with Vaccinations
June 25, 2021 --
Moody’s Analytics says Cambodia’s rate of vaccination against COVID-19 is at least twice the levels in other ASEAN countries with the exception of Singapore.

In an outlook released Friday, the affiliate of U.S. credit rating agency Moody’s Investors Service said the Asia-Pacific economy was “increasingly defined by those countries that are controlling COVID-19 and rolling out vaccines quickly, and those that are not.”

The outlook includes a chart showing that shots administered in Cambodia had reached more than 45 percent of its adult population as of Thursday last week.

Vaccination rates were around 20 percent in Laos and Malaysia and around 15 percent or less in Indonesia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
https://www.akp.gov.kh/post/detail/234509

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic