Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates April 2021)

Post by canucklhead »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:02 am I was passing my Sangkat office the other day and asked a young guy there about getting vaccinated and he just gave me the embassy line. I'll keep my eye out for the chief as he at least told me to come back this month. And now it's the 11th and a new shipment has arrived/is arriving maybe it's better timing. Although if they have reserved that for red zone people I'm good with that.

Sangkat called the wife last week. I told them no thanks.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates April 2021)

Post by canucklhead »

That being myself not Timmy.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

RIP
Prak Phally, wife of songwriter Chum Bunthoeun, is confirmed to have died of Covid-19.

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): Ms. Bun Thoeun Phally Pov Pisey, the daughter of the poet Chum Bunthoeun, said that her mother died at 5 pm on May 10, 2021, and that doctors confirmed that the death was due to Covid-19. The deceased reportedly suffered from respiratory problems.
Doctors cremated the body at the Covid-19 crematorium in Kampong Speu province, on May 11 2021.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Post by Jack.R. »

canucklhead wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:39 am I just read that 80 local forces deployed to the red zone in Steung Meanchey have tested positive for the virus. Were they all vaccinated???
Yes
Firefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Firefly »

A Khmer friend just outside SR mentioned today that in her village there's a 'new gov rule, village police not being paid for money but currently have to work for good of the community.'

I was wondering if that was a random local rule or ?
'What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.' Charles Bukowski
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Phnom Poon wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:30 pm
COVID-19: 506 New Infections, 179 Recovered Cases Recorded
AKP Phnom Penh, May 10, 2021 --

Cambodia’s tally of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) jumped to 19,743, after the detection of 506 new infections, announced the Ministry of Health in a press release this morning.

Of the new cases, 11 are imported and the rest are linked to the Feb. 20 Community Event, the same source pointed out.

At the same time, it continued, 179 more patients were cured; bringing the total recovered cases in the Kingdom to 7,820.

Moreover, six more patients have lost their lives due to the pandemic; the total fatal cases rose to 126, the release added.

Cambodia detected the first coronavirus case in late January 2020. The total confirmed cases have surged quickly due to the Feb. 20, 2021 incident.
By C. Nika
AKP
it's amazing how the volatility in daily case numbers has disappeared
since the new easy-to-digest reports started

it makes it easy to predict this fading outbreak
i predict 490 cases to tomorrow
close... 480 yesterday. Your theory is looking good.

and 472 today! At this rate it will be 0 in about 50 days.

The total confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Cambodia reached 20,223, after the detection of 480 new cases this morning, the Ministry of Health pointed out in a press release.

newsworthy/whatzup-breaking-cambodia-co ... 2-100.html

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/855535/ano ... -cambodia/
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Firefly wrote:A Khmer friend just outside SR mentioned today that in her village there's a 'new gov rule, village police not being paid for money but currently have to work for good of the community.'

Not random. New commune police chief. Served the senate back in Phnom Penh. Now returned back home to serve his community.

Works tirelessly solving local problems.

High thumbs up from the locals.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Firefly wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:17 am A Khmer friend just outside SR mentioned today that in her village there's a 'new gov rule, village police not being paid for money but currently have to work for good of the community.'

Anytime that police officials are not being paid (enough) by the state or the province or the village, that means more corruption and not less. That implies that if you are a policeman your wages are dependent on the number of people that you arrest and the motorbikes that you impound.
Not really a good thing IMO. I prefer the idea of paying cops a decent wage and expecting them to work for it .
Spoiler:
Yes I know, uptopia.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The spread of the coronavirus, Covid-19, is now officially present throughout Cambodia.

May 12, 2021
Unrelenting C-19 wave: Virus now present in whole country after Ratanakiri ‘falls prey’
The unrelenting wave of COVID-19 infections has now engulfed the entire country after Ratanakkiri province, the last one to hold out, fell prey to the virus spread.

Ratanakiri Provincial Administration on Monday announced the discovery of the first two cases of COVID-19 infections in the province.

With this finding, Ratanakiri, which was the sole province to be free of the virus menace, has joined Phnom Penh and 23 provinces with the deadly virus’ infections.

The two men who were found to be positive were working with a transport company.

They were identified as Nim Eng, whose hometown is in Takeo province and the second, Kong Vin, a native of the province.

It is not known whether the two had travelled there or were working in the province.

As the spread continues, Kampong Cham Provincial Administration yesterday announced that 21 more people tested positive for COVID-19.

Kampong Cham Provincial Administration said the new cases included 12 factory workers in Batheay district.

On Monday, the provincial administration ordered the provincial health department to conduct rapid testing of 425 suspected workers at the Ly Chheang Corp factory and the 12 were found to be positive.

Continued tests on 221 residents found nine more positive cases.

The provincial administration has ordered the provincial health department to send the patients to Angkor Hospital in the province and trace those who came into direct or indirect contact with the patients as soon as possible.

The Takeo Provincial Administration yesterday announced that 39 more people, mostly factory workers, tested positive for COVID-19.
More: https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50855063/u ... alls-prey/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:12 am The spread of the coronavirus, Covid-19, is now officially present throughout Cambodia.
Should we be surprised after the lockdown was abruptly ended.

(something comes to mind. something to do with a brewery and a piss-up :fool: )
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic