Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates April 2021)

Post by atst »

Matthew Robinson wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:34 pm Meanwhile, following the Gov't recent removal of quarantine requirements on internal air travel (i.e. PP to SV, PP to SR and vice versa) does anyone have any info/thoughts on the likelihood of the removal of the 14-day quarantine requirements on all in-bound air passengers from the RoW in the near future?
You could ask the same question for most countries , it would only be a guess any suggestion, who would have thought 14 months ago this would still be a problem for travelling.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
JBTrain
Expatriate

Re: Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates April 2021)

Post by JBTrain »

Matthew Robinson wrote:Meanwhile, following the Gov't recent removal of quarantine requirements on internal air travel (i.e. PP to SV, PP to SR and vice versa) does anyone have any info/thoughts on the likelihood of the removal of the 14-day quarantine requirements on all in-bound air passengers from the RoW in the near future?
With continuing huge problems in South Asia. Phillipines and elsewhere , not to mention ID of the Indian variant in Thailand, my vote would be not bloody likely.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

COVID-19: 506 New Infections, 179 Recovered Cases Recorded
AKP Phnom Penh, May 10, 2021 --

Cambodia’s tally of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) jumped to 19,743, after the detection of 506 new infections, announced the Ministry of Health in a press release this morning.

Of the new cases, 11 are imported and the rest are linked to the Feb. 20 Community Event, the same source pointed out.

At the same time, it continued, 179 more patients were cured; bringing the total recovered cases in the Kingdom to 7,820.

Moreover, six more patients have lost their lives due to the pandemic; the total fatal cases rose to 126, the release added.

Cambodia detected the first coronavirus case in late January 2020. The total confirmed cases have surged quickly due to the Feb. 20, 2021 incident.
By C. Nika
AKP
it's amazing how the volatility in daily case numbers has disappeared
since the new easy-to-digest reports started

it makes it easy to predict this fading outbreak
i predict 490 cases to tomorrow

monstra mihi bona!
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Matthew Robinson wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:34 pm Meanwhile, following the Gov't recent removal of quarantine requirements on internal air travel (i.e. PP to SV, PP to SR and vice versa) does anyone have any info/thoughts on the likelihood of the removal of the 14-day quarantine requirements on all in-bound air passengers from the RoW in the near future?
Remind me how much people have to pay for their quarantine hotel compared to what they would pay for an equivalent hotel as a consumer who can shop around, that's assuming they even need a hotel at all of course. Sorry, not relevant - my mind wandered.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

19Yo Woman in Kratie Hospital is Province's Fifth Covid Case
Cambodia News, Kratie: Kratie Provincial Administration found another new Covid positive person in Sre Svao village, Kratie city on 10 May 2021. This is the province's fifth declared case.
According to the administration of Kratie province on May 10, 2021, a 19 year old woman living in Sre Svao village was admitted to Kratie provincal hospital from April 20 up to April 24, when she was released. Then, on May 7, the woman returned to the hospital with breathing difficulties. She has now been tested positive for coronavirus, and all her family and contacts have been asked to present themselves to the authorities for Covid-19 tests.

This is the fifth officially declared case of Covid-19 in Kratie province. Five cases does not sound like a major concern, but there are presumably more undetected cases in the local community, the health facilities in Kratie are extremely basic and limited, and it is 4-5 hours by road if ever emergency cases might need to be sent to Phnom Penh by ambulance. Because of these reasons, a major coronavirus outbreak in this area could be difficult to manage, which may arise if there is an influx of locals returning to their home villages from the urban centers.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

Anyone registered for a shot via this link?

https://cambodia-vaccine.gov.kh/patient/create

If so, feel free to share what happened after successfully creating the account.
Thanks
pebbles&nightsky
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^^
After nearly 4 weeks..
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:40 am ^^^
After nearly 4 weeks..
I'm a long way behind Clutch. I am more expectant of a visit from Santa.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

I was passing my Sangkat office the other day and asked a young guy there about getting vaccinated and he just gave me the embassy line. I'll keep my eye out for the chief as he at least told me to come back this month. And now it's the 11th and a new shipment has arrived/is arriving maybe it's better timing. Although if they have reserved that for red zone people I'm good with that.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

I just read that 80 local forces deployed to the red zone in Steung Meanchey have tested positive for the virus. Were they all vaccinated???
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic