Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates April 2021)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

51m ago 15:01
Cambodian capital to end blanket lockdown despite surge

On Monday, Cambodia registered a record 841 new Covid cases, but prime minister HE ordered the end to a blanket lockdown in the capital Phnom Penh, saying there would be only be lockdowns in areas where infections had surged.

The south-east Asian country has recorded one of the world’s smallest coronavirus caseloads, but infections have climbed from about 500 in late February to 15,361 now, with a total 106 deaths.

It reported 730 new cases on Sunday and a second highest daily record of 841 on Monday, according to Reuters.

Authorities put Phnom Penh and the nearby town of Takhmau, where most of the cases have been recorded, under a hard lockdown on 15 April.

Under the lockdown, authorities declared some districts “red zones”, banning people from leaving their homes.

The World Health Organization representative in Cambodia, Li Ailan, warned on Sunday against easing curbs too soon.

Ailan said in a tweet:
Relaxing Covid-19 measures too fast and too soon means a possible surge.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/ ... a1048efb6b
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates April 2021)

Post by Ozinasia »

Can anyone tell me if PTC Computer Monivong is open and can I go there from  across the Bridge in Chruy Changvar ?
Got a computer issue that cannot wait any longer and those are the best guys I know to fix it . Dont wanna travel all the way over there though if they are closed ?
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

Ozinasia wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:01 pm Can anyone tell me if PTC Computer Monivong is open and can I go there from  across the Bridge in Chruy Changvar ?
Got a computer issue that cannot wait any longer and those are the best guys I know to fix it . Dont wanna travel all the way over there though if they are closed ?
Ask the Expats might be more suitable for your question.
All I can help you with are following
post489507.html#p489507
https://ptc-computer.com.kh/contact-us/

(855) 23 222 212 (4 Lines)
(855) 23 222 244
(855) 12 847 168 / 11 646 383
pebbles&nightsky
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

thanks that's appreciated
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

Ozinasia wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:34 pm thanks that's appreciated
No prob. BTW just read that lock down is lifted on Wednesday. Maybe sweat it out a bit longer. Gives you time to ask the tech savvy for help. In the designated section as mentioned above. Good luck
pebbles&nightsky
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

Cheers yes I have emailed them . If Wednesday I can wait till then. I've always used those guy and found them extremely professional and helpful never had a problem there so when you are on a good thing stick to it ...
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns - NB News Items Only (no general discussion)

Post by Doc67 »

timmydownawell wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:58 am 841 cases today:

COVID-19: Tally Reaches Over 15,000
ចេញផ្សាយ ថ្ងៃទី ០៣ ខែ ឧសភា ឆ្នាំ ២០២១
AKP Phnom Penh, May 02, 2021 --

The total confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Cambodia increased to 15,361 this morning, of which 14,806 are related to the Feb. 20 Community Event, after the detection of 841 new cases.

According to a press release of the Ministry of Health, the new infections – all community cases - were found in 11 provinces and capital. 525 are in Phnom Penh capital, 153 in Banteay Meanchey province, 62 in Preah Sihanouk province, 33 in Kandal province, 21 in Kampong Cham province, and the rest in the provinces of Kampong Thom, Takeo, Thbong Khmum, Siem Reap, Kampong Speu and Prey Veng.

At the same time, 61 more patients have recovered from the COVID-19. They are all community cases in Phnom Penh capital and the provinces of Preah Sihanouk, Takeo, Prey Veng and Banteay Meanchey. They have been allowed to be discharged after being tested negative twice consecutively.

The total number of cured cases in Cambodia now stood at 5,430, with 4 new deaths registered, while the active cases remain at 9,818.

https://www.information.gov.kh/articles/41801

525 are in Phnom Penh capital

Is there any further breakdown of where these 525 in PP are located?

That would provide people with a much better idea of the risks in their own area more than just the colour or if their area is showing higher numbers than their colour status warrants or in comparison to other areas with the same colour, i.e. to get prepared for a possible colour upgrade..
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

So I have just seen on FB new maps of Phnom Penh zones. But it was posted at 3am by a Khmer and the source is not stated so I'm not going to repost them here. Of the central city it showed all yellow except for Orussey. With a new checkpoint being set up across the corner from me I doubt these maps are correct, just as there were so many inaccurate maps a week ago. Once something comes out from PP City Hall, MoH, Min of Info, then it's worth posting. Until then I am sceptical of everything (especially the Khmer Times). They say the media here is all controlled by the government. But it doesn't look like they're doing a very good job tbh.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Turns out the cops on the corner of 15/118 are guarding the building taped off on that corner due to some cases there, so it's not a checkpoint. One of the cops told me "yellow soon" so I guess the entire Phsar Chas/Kandal area will be yellow, which will be great news for you guys wanting to uh, do stuff in that area.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

timmydownawell wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:46 pm great news for you guys wanting to uh, do stuff in that area.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic