Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Information on Coronavirus in Cambodia from 8 March 2020 (Latest Updates)

Post by Doc67 »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:40 am
Doc67 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:32 am

I was there yesterday when the authorities arrived and began taping it up. I saw them blocking off the small exits and making everyone within the market stay there. I got out of there very quick and hid my bag of carrots while making my escape! I was only going down street 154 to get home, so easy to get caught up in a dragnet.
Hope you're not on Facebook @doc67, or someone doxes you.... The laws are pretty strict these days and Prey Sar welcomes even the highest.
Never have and never will be on FB. And I don't think walking away is a crime, yet.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:04 am

I was there yesterday when the authorities arrived and began taping it up. I saw them blocking off the small exits and making everyone within the market stay there. I got out of there very quick and hid my bag of carrots while making my escape! I was only going down street 154 to get home, so easy to get caught up in a dragnet.
Hope you're not on Facebook @doc67, or someone doxes you.... The laws are pretty strict these days and Prey Sar welcomes even the highest.
Never have and never will be on FB. And I don't think walking away is a crime, yet.
You will be fine...
What time did they close the market? Seems like they left the people in there for quite a while. If that's the case I would quarantine them all because I don't think anxious people locked up in a market will adhere the laws of social distancing.
Ricky Dunn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ricky Dunn »

All us ex-pats will get the virus, how can we avoid it when we will be the last to get inoculated? Sucks.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Ricky Dunn wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:07 am All us ex-pats will get the virus, how can we avoid it when we will be the last to get inoculated? Sucks.
If you are a working expat it's pretty easy to get the vaccine (or was before the lockdown)

Harder for retirees I gather
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Kandal market in Daun Penh closed this morning..no surprises there after all the tests they did yesterday..
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:30 am Kandal market in Daun Penh closed this morning..no surprises there after all the tests they did yesterday..
Anyone know if phsar Chas/old market is open? I believe it was closed for a while.

If not what's the next closest market open within the zone?
beerlaodrinker
Expatriate
France

Post by beerlaodrinker »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:04 am

Actually, walking away from an enforced Covid test would be considered escaping from quarantine, with jail time for doing so.
beerlaodrinker
Expatriate
France

Post by beerlaodrinker »

cautious colin wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:38 am
clutchcargo wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:30 am Kandal market in Daun Penh closed this morning..no surprises there after all the tests they did yesterday..
Anyone know if phsar Chas/old market is open? I believe it was closed for a while.

Don't need markets, the government officials are coming round to sell basics.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

beerlaodrinker wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:41 am

Great, but just in case for some reason I dont want shit rice and pilchards, are there any markets open within the zone?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

cautious colin wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:45 am
beerlaodrinker wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:41 am

Great, but just in case for some reason I dont want shit rice and pilchards, are there any markets open within the zone?
Haven't checked yet but presume the mini marts are still open in Daun Penh? Also, isn't there that smaller Lucky supermarket outlet on st 144 down past st 15?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic