Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: US Embassy in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Suspends Visa Services Due to Lockdowns until April 28, 2021

Post by Kammekor »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:35 am I think a poster on the virus thread in Cambodia hit the nail on the head.

A state minister died of the virus. One of the ruling class. That means the Ohkna are not immune. Especially after a single dose of the China vaccine.

Hence, panic mode.

Please be safe out there everyone!

Don’t get suckered into the secret mass parties that are being posted on Facebook.
People over 60 were given AstraZenica. The guy who died was 77. He didn't get the Sinovac vaccine.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Information on Coronavirus in Cambodia from 8 March 2020 (Latest Updates)

Post by atst »

maybe people should calm down a little ,we have all had a great year compared to many other countries , relax and ride out the next few weeks as best as possible, and keep in contact with friends over here locked up is guesthouses , CEO is a lifesaver for information and opions thanks CEO
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

atst wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:06 am maybe people should calm down a little ,we have all had a great year compared to many other countries , relax and ride out the next few weeks as best as possible, and keep in contact with friends over here locked up is guesthouses , CEO is a lifesaver for information and opions thanks CEO
it's not the next few weeks I'm worried about.this is more likely to go for months.
joelightcloud
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by joelightcloud »

fsdfdsdf wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:31 am it's not the next few weeks I'm worried about.this is more likely to go for months.
My thoughts also. Two weeks isn't going to make a dent in the numbers, more like 4 weeks but hope I am wrong
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

fsdfdsdf wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:31 am
atst wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:06 am maybe people should calm down a little ,we have all had a great year compared to many other countries , relax and ride out the next few weeks as best as possible, and keep in contact with friends over here locked up is guesthouses , CEO is a lifesaver for information and opions thanks CEO
it's not the next few weeks I'm worried about.this is more likely to go for months.
If they sort themselves out (roadblocks preventing medical staff from reaching vaccination centers etc.) then it's not all doom and gloom. They've already got enough vaccines for 70-80% of Phnom Penh's population if not more. They should just go "full retard" (to quote a good movie) on the capital's vaccination drive ASAP. It can be done within a few weeks and then expanded to the rest of the country. The question is: will they rise up to the task? The most recent events (and articles by the KT) mostly highlight a lot of incompetence, poor decisions and lack of communication/leadership amongst the CoC, but I trust they'll adjust and get moving in the right direction soon enough. But yeah... If I were a betting man, I'd put all my money on this lockdown being extended to some degree.

I do wonder if those doctors had been vaccinated. A bit odd to get members of the military vaccinated before doctors?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Our local wet market has just been told to close by 5 PM and not reopen until advised by police.
No reason given.
Prices gone mad ahead of the closure- beef $15 kg.
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

nemo wrote:Our local wet market has just been told to close by 5 PM and not reopen until advised by police.
No reason given.
Prices gone mad ahead of the closure- beef $15 kg.
Our local market was told the same yesterday but they were still open today. Hope it's the same for you.

PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Updated PP/Takhmao Lockdown directive translation

Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Travel to receive COVID-19 Vaccination (2nd dose) determined by the authorities. For 1st dose vaccination within the lockdown area will be tempoparily halted during the lockdown period.
not buying the unoffical 'incompetence' story
this is the bong thoms getting themselves protected
now they see 1 dose isn't enough
Last edited by Phnom Poon on Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

monstra mihi bona!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

West point again. No new first jabs during the lockdown. Only permission to travel for second jab.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic